Building Buildings

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Building Buildings

Post by Nelkie »

When one has a building built, do you have to have the required resources turn in upfront, or can you turn in the required resources as the building is built? It takes 6 months - 2 years to make a building, so I see it that you could turn in the required resources of the building as it was being built. Becasue if you didn't, an orginization would have to wait many months or yeas to acuminalte the required resources before the building can be started, than wait the time for the building to be built. It seems to be a double wamy.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Trevor Owen
GM

I have no problem with this

Post by Trevor Owen »

Certain investment upfront, then pay as you go...

However, you should probably have the "partial" phys rep... a half-set up tent or pavillion, a stack of poles, partial walls... etc.

This can lead to some neat scenarios. For example - a house starts building a keep, a 2 year investment. A year and a half through construction, the house folds. Who get the keep, who is going to finish it? who can hold the ruined structure? Excellent plots can develop around this.
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

time

Post by Nelkie »

Here is my suggestion for the time payment intervals

Start of building 50% of cost up front
50% of building completed - another 25% of cost is required
75% of building completed - the last 25% of cost is required

Please note this takes in consideration of the use of MP points to decrase the build time of a building.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Trevor Owen
GM

That sounds pretty good...

Post by Trevor Owen »

That sounds pretty good to me... might even be able to work out 'financing' options for larger structures like keeps... I will discuss with other GMs and see what they think. Overall I think this is something we like... at least the ones I have spoken with so far.
Master of witless lore and red herrings