Administer/Administrate

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Administer/Administrate

Post by cole45 »

I have a question,

Say you were an advanced healer, and purchased all the sage basic skills(Research,readwrite,Utilize resource) and then bought Administrate. Would administer and administrate stack? From the wording, it seems like a yes, but I thought I would ask.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

nice catch. Shouldn't those be the same name?

Ultimately, niether says it wouldn't stack and I can't see any reason they shouldn't... But ultimately it's a Rule Creator decision.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Something about the combination seems....cheesedick. Sage has only 3 basics, when everyone else has four. so with that combo, you save 20 points.
then give out potions for + 2 life points.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Of course, you either have to give up a master path or a 4th level disipline to do that (at least until level 30 if my math is right), and only you can use the potions at +2 (you have to use them on the person) so you become a bigger target. I'd call it a fair trade off.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think they would stack. As Eric said, you are giving up a lot for that ability and it seems to balance out ok.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Sage

Post by Nelkie »

There has been talk about adding an additional basic sage skill to be balanced with the other paths.

The curretn idea is basic mimic. Allows one to mimic 1 basic path skill. takes 30 minutes of study.
My Thoughts

Aaron