Weapon sizes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Weapon sizes

Post by dier_cire »

Since it was brought up, the rule book could probably stream line the weapon sizes part to be a minimum/maximum length for weapons and a min/max for fists. Then where the few paths that have limits just insert the actual max number of inches for the weapon. The game doesn't really use size categories, so it would make more sense to not base the weapon sizes around the exceptions but rather the general populus.

Also, coudl there be a clarafication in the rules as to what happens to a weapon when it is not upkept? There is no reference to this that I've found. I was unaware that they broke until I just read it.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Small weapons (fists, daggers, short swords) can be machine gunned, longer weapons are supposed to have a 45 degree take back on every swing.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Peace420 wrote:Small weapons (fists, daggers, short swords) can be machine gunned, longer weapons are supposed to have a 45 degree take back on every swing.
Thats not actually in the rules. It is sort of one of those unspoken LARP rules. Should that be in the rules or is it unnescesary?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Aah ok I thought it was in the rulebook, I would say that it should be but thats just my opinion. Someone tapping you over and over with a 3ft 2 handed weapon saying 1 as fast as they can is a little too cheesy for me to swallow.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Ahh actually.

Post by cole45 »

"No weapons may be used to machine gun except daggers and short swords."-pg 107.

"No further than ninety degrees, but at least fourty five degrees." pg 107.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I stand corrected. I didnt think we actually got that in there. It was brought up like the day before we released the book.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

My point was that this whole short sword thing could be re-phrased (ie, no weapon over x" in length may be machine guned)

Since damage is always 1, and we only have maybe three places where size is a factor, we don't have reasons for weapon sizes the way D&D or many other games do, and it would remove a common new person question.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I think machine gunning should be taken out altogether.

As it is now, you can machine gun with any weapon that's three feet long or less... that doesn't seem right. If anything, reduce it to pfists and daggers only.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage