Armor/helmet topic

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Armor/helmet topic

Post by dier_cire »

It was brought up that there is no reason to wear anything but a light helmet since there is no in game benefit. Figured it'd be better to keep this out of the Offseaseon thread as we've already gotten a few "this would be nice but it's never been discussed" posts in there.

Anyway, unfortunately for us, the original topic has vanished into the ether about armor when it was changed. (unless Brad can dig it up) The helmet thing was a very big topic. The idea was that having someone run around with 3 points of armor with just a helmet is ridculous. There was a consideration for light helms being 0 and going up from there (since a helm protected you from stunstrike). As well, it is extremely easy for players to build up a decent amount of harden skin, whereas before this was not the case.

The big part is trying to keep numbers low. Is the 2pts of armor a concession that is acceptable? As one of the few that wear a metal helmet, I personally don't care. If someone wants to give me more armor, I'll take it, but I don't see it as a necessity or broken by any means.

Aaron can probably say what the maximum harden skin armor combo is currently. The one other thing that this should affect is the light, meduim, and heavy range values. Would this change create any issues to disciplines/paths with armor limitations?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Repost of my initial comment in the other thread.
Speaking of armor...

I think in the off-season we should change helmets so that they follow the armor convention for other parts of the body rather than being one static point. The head is the most vital part of the body, and it goes to reason that the armor around it is of vital importance.

It doesn’t make sense to me that a little leather cap and a fully enclosed helmet are the same protection, and there is no encouragement for players to actually wear full helms in battle, because they cut down on player’s perception while giving no bonus.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage