Offseason 05\06

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Offseason 05\06

Post by Peace420 »

I'm starting a thread for the things that need to be looked at in the off season so that whoever is in charge of it doesn't have to scour the threads for them. If there are inconsistancies that you find in the book or unclear wording or subjects that have been discussed and GM's have decided that they need to be looked at in the offseason post them here.

No description of the call "magic" in the call descriptions.

Unclear wording for reduction of damage in hold ground.

Shields, use of resists or not.

Combining of certain calls (i.e. magic crush,)

Adding shield to the things in fear that still count if struck.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

More:

Add in the description of root that one can fight, and defend themselves for the 10 secounds they are rooted.

Simplfy fear in saying everyting is considered crush to them while they are feared, they loose all active skills, and cannot use any skills while feared.

Surgery: Remove the line following line becasue it adds confusion to the game and does not add much to the game. Also what are the other methods of healing a person.

You only need to heal a person to negative what their racial plus
lifestyle positive life starts at. For example, a privileged elf starts with 2 life; thus you need to heal them up to negative two to keep them from dying. At that point, the player is unconscious until healed to positives, either naturally or through other healing methods.

Surgery: When the healer bring someone from the dead, have the person come back at -20 instead of -15 to commonize between empath and healer. Less confusion.

New rez rules and drawing of the chips

Knock out: Have the times for knock out be 10 sec, 20 sec 30 sec to simplfiy counts. It would mimic the empaths and 1 less time sequence people have memorize. Current timing is 15 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec. All basic knock out skills would be 10 sec, waylay, valkin V, Basic rouge.

Stacking of skills, do times add together or does one take the highest time when stacking skills. Example is valkin V has a 2 knockout for 10 sec and he is a bsic rouge. Is his knock time for 5 knock out 25 sec or just 15 sec

More to come as I work through the book.
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Removal of the 1 life point skill at a time as all important skills that use life points already have specified rules governing what can and can't be used (ie rage, vorpal, and crush).

Adjustment of the charging and general rules of combat. See http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1903
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Simplfy fear in saying everyting is considered crush to them while they are feared, they loose all active skills, and cannot use any skills while feared
We originally had it worded this way but changed it because the way you have it worded a rule lawyering moron who was feared and then hit with vorpal would then convert it to crush since that is exactly what you said :)

Some would convert magic to crush as well.

Still others may even convert sleep to crush
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

how about "'Crush' is appended to every call"? Simple and non-lawyerable...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL I want Temple to keep playing and he wont when he has gets his with vorapl posion when he is feared and then it turns into vorpal crushing posion
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Now, why'd you have to point that out? He might have not noticed... :lol:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Ideas

Post by Nelkie »

Have melee weapon used in the descritption of rage, instead of weapon to clear up confusion. Or say it can't be used with any range weapons.

Explain how the wealthy and rich status works on allgence points. It works just like 2nd level Beucrate. May be reduce the cost to be wealthy to intise more people to become wealthy

Sage utlize resources bonus cannot be used to become wealthy, just to be common

To simplfy the resources system and have the trade routes the only way to bring in resources is to change the following skills to something like this

Privledge gets 25% bonus to personal allgence instead of resources
Barter reduces the number of required resources to stay at common instead of getting resources tags. Person with Barter only requires 2 food, 0 cloth and 1 supply to be at common.
Wilderness survial - Reduce the required resources to live, requires only 1 food, 1 cloth and 2 supplies to live. Also put in that wilderness survial is required to track a person through the woods and find things in the wilderness.
This can be added to the check out sheet for tracking purposes

Keep the life point section point, but place notes in Hold Ground and Defense Matrix, and Enchant weapon that you can use resist posion, magic, fear, sleep, and parry while these modes are active. This allows a person to use there resist if they have them.

If people want it, have rage be able to be used with enchant weapon.

Put something into gernader stating if a forged weapon is used, a person get a X bonus to damage. Also have the 2nd level ablity to be turned on or off and not a count so it can be just like 2nd level archer.

Place another skill in for first level sage to balance out the path. Maybe a simple version on mimic where it takes 30 minutes to use and can only mimic basic path skills. But when you become a master sage the time drops down to 15 minutes
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Barter reduces the number of required resources to stay at common instead of getting resources tags. Person with Barter only requires 2 food, 0 cloth and 1 supply to be at common.
Wilderness survial - Reduce the required resources to live, requires only 1 food, 1 cloth and 2 supplies to live. Also put in that wilderness survial is required to track a person through the woods and find things in the wilderness.
Why?
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Ideas

Post by dier_cire »

Nelkie wrote:Barter reduces the number of required resources to stay at common instead of getting resources tags. Person with Barter only requires 2 food, 0 cloth and 1 supply to be at common.

Keep the life point section point, but place notes in Hold Ground and Defense Matrix, and Enchant weapon that you can use resist posion, magic, fear, sleep, and parry while these modes are active. This allows a person to use there resist if they have them.
And what happens when someone has both Barter and Wilderness survival?

Also, if another skill/resist is created while leaving the life point section, it requires an addition to all affected skills, whereas removing it means you just add the skill. It's better for future expansion to remove it.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I have been compiling a list of Faq topics people have sent or asked me over the year. It has like 23 questions/topics. Should I post them here or email the GMs directly to avoid a clamorous assault from anyone with an opinion?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

GM section!
Chris
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

k, I just emailed em' in rather than posting on the forums.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Why

Post by Nelkie »

Chris,

The answer to your why is, we where talking about removing any skills that bring in resources from the game so only way to bring in tradeable resources was with a trade route. This was to help figuring out how many reosurces a town needs and takes an uncontrolable factor out of the resources management part. If this is not so, just scratch it off the list, but I know there has been alot of talk about having privledge give a % increase to allgence instead of resources.

Another improvement idea. Something needs to be added to 3rd/4th level beucrate. The skills have very little use. I believe that is why people have not become full beucrates. THe changes should be, I have no idea.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I was refering not to all skills but to privledge

Chris
Chris