Enchant Weapon

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Enchant Weapon

Post by Onimaster »

We were talking about enchant weapon on the chat room.

Right now there is a question about how the skill actually works, and if you can use it and another skill (Like rage) together at the same time. The current common thought is that E.W. makes the weapon magic but then is done and it's not continually active so other things can also be used...

The question is that if is true and the magic is in the weapon then why can't it be handed off or done to someone else's weapon, or it actually requires your contact with the sword in maintaining the enchantment and maybe is an active skill.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

Okay here is the reasons why you can not hand off the Enchanted Weapon.

A) One that would make a level one skill way to powerful.

B) The magic that you are using is formed out of you. And it does not shatter the weapon once it is done. So it is not like the arcane spell. Where you wrap the magic into the weapon and have to command it to work. Than when it is done it is shatterd and gone for good. Which for some that is a very useful skill. When it is needed and costly.

I am sorry but I am not gone to make a weapon magical so I can hand it off to Ka. So he can swing lets say 4 with it. An it cost me a life point to do that. That would be really kind of cheesy to the arcane in the game than. Do to the fact that the weapon woudl not break at the end. An I would think that is under cutting those other players as well.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Chris told me to post this thread btw.

And so, the skill being something you activate, and have running, should not stack with other activated skills since you can't have two active skills running at once. Right?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I have generally played it that once I spend the LP to activate it, it becomes a passive skill.. but I have always been curious as to exactly what the Gm's thought of this skill.. and I would have to double-check this but it is the only LP skill that has a lasting effect without anything being said about nothing else being used while it is active.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

passive

Post by cole45 »

I've always felt that it was a little cheesy to call it a passive skill and then let ragers stack with it. The rules state 1 LP skill at a time.
Travis Cole
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

correct you can only have one skill active at one time. it would be very over used if warrior knight witch hunter using a blade could dish out 3 magic while in rage. But if they are gone to let it stack with rage than they need to change it in the rules for rage. I would say you could not stack the two because it would not be balanced. Rage is very strict on what you can not and can not do with it. and so is Enchanted weapon.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Magic damage is 'generally' only an npc effect, therefore balance wise I see little problem. If the GMs think their magic only affected creatures die too quick, give them a few extra hitpoints. 3 is no different than 3 magic. Even when we could use knight rage witch hunter with a shield I saw little imbalance as far as the magic damage portion.

Now as for the 1 life point skill at a time thing, honestly, I never noticed it, and think it needs to go. Rage is the main reason to control life point skills and it is handled on its own as well as in the particular skills it affects.

As well, defensive matrix has a specifier stating it can't be used with other skills (including resists and parry???) which makes little sense, as if you are defensive why would you lose your ability to further defend yourself... Honestly, I'd switch it and hold ground, change the wording, or make defensive matrix free again (which would more or less nulify the inability anyway as long as you heard the call ahead of time).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Matrix

Post by cole45 »

Defensive Matrix should NOT be free. That makes it way to cheesy to switch it in and out all the time. It should remain a LP skill. I would get behind allowing parry during DM, (since it's another LP anyway.) But I like the current DM. I find it to be useful and good for what it does. It gives you nice, free range ability, not quite as good as hold ground but with out the horrible penelties Hold ground incurs.

I just want consistancy. If one skill uses life points, and life point skills can not be combined, then NO LIFE POINT skills should be able to be combined. Exceptions make the rules unnessisarly complicated. That they can not be combined becomes an excellent balancing factor.
Travis Cole