rez time

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

I have to admit, us NPC's were being a lil' bloodthirsty last event... but I think this was in response to PC tactics. We didn't start the weekend that way, but jumped into it more as the weekend progressed.

I do have to say though, there are times where I expect an NPC to slay me with impunity. An example; when Chris ambushed Claude from under the bridge and knocked him out while Fender ran up the hill. I fully expected to have my throat slit. This would have been just rewards for carelessness. However, if the Haven Hating critters that streamed into town after the Dragons death would have been slitting throats... that would have struck me as a bit off.

I think we also need to look at what NPC's are being played, and if it is in character for them to act that way. In hindsight, maybe we should have started taking prisoners and using them as human shields while defending the Dragon... oh well, I guess I'll just have to be eviler next time.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

NEXT time? Hooo boy...

I like the evil ones ;)

But, all that aside, it would make sense for NPC tactics to be different, and they usually are, which adds to the flavor.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Lambic wrote:
Lambic took a dive in a fight to keep from going squish. He also got his ass handed to him repeatedly into the negatives, no because he didn't retreat but because He quickly went from 4 life to -6 (2-2-2-2-2 or 3-3-3). Often his body was brutalized while crawling away from the fight. He was at -1, crawling out of the cave when he was beaten (legally) from behind waaay into the negatives and died Saturday night. I than sat down by the caves for at least a 1/2 hour before someone drug me to the top of the stairs, where I and Dewberry stayed for well over an hour. We took time out to warm ourselves by the fire but anytime someone passed by we were in position. I still don't know how anything played out because I wasn't involved in the culmination of those plots. Soooo....Its not all songs and rose to be dead.

I just worry that if current NPC tatics continue the way the are (throat slitting, beating deep into the negatives, etc.) and then you change the rez rules, you might end up with more permadeath than expected.
I would just like to state that I whole-heartedly agree with these sentiments, and that Wes makes a very good point.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."