rez time

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

rez time

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

For next year, I would like to see rez be more deadly and less time consuming. As of right now, there is still no fear of death, and the only change has been that the empaths and arcanes are forced to spend half of their event ressurecting. With an event such as this one, it literally takes off about 8 hours of your event time, depending on how many people you are required to bring back. And please don't give me the "well you don't have to ressurect anybody" speech, because in the context of the game, you are basically forced into it.

So I'm gunning for more penalties, less time spent sitting around doing nothing.
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I am terrified of dying.

But I noticed that earlier Chris had said it was POSSIBLE to come back at level 1 as the same character, unless there was a good reason not to let you, so I am ok with a harsher, shorter rule. Let me also add that I HATE chips, lol.

I do agree that REZ time needs to take up less of the Empath's time. Maybe the dead character is unconsious for that period of time but the empath doesn't need to be there after gathering the essence?

I don't think all the events are going to be this deadly though, either.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Currently discussed and onlymentioning it so you guys dont go all crazy.

We know this is an issue, but didnt want to make the change to the off season. The idea is this and NOTE it needs further discussion

To rez a person the first thing that needs to be done is to have a person with surgery make the body fit for razing. This is done by having the person draw 3 chips from the bag. If the red chip is drawn then the body cannot be raised and the person is perma dead.

Seond is to decrease the empath rez to a half hour. There will be 30% less raises to do as well...see above so this should cut down on time.

My hope is to see people bail well before dieing.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

EEEK...three chips? Thanks for sharing...but EEEK.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I don't have a problem with making rezing deadlier. I don't have problem with cutting the time. I would just like to point out that there are several other disciplines that have skills that are at the essence of what they do, like rezing for an empath. They take as much or more time.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I would just like to point out that there are several other disciplines that have skills that are at the essence of what they do, like rezing for an empath. They take as much or more time.
HMM what?
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

True, but the alchemist does not have to be around while the potions brew and the craftsman can work on things in increments I believe, start a project and then come back to it later (or am I wrong about this?)
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

My early thoughts on this subject:

Surgical Preperation: A surgeon must prepare the body to be recovered. If the body has been dead for only 30 minutes or less and the Empath will be raising the body, the deceased must draw 3 chips. If the body has been dead for 60 minutes or less and a fortify is being applied by the surgeon so the Empath can recover them, the deceased must draw 4 chips. If the body has been dead for more than 60 minutes, an Arcane must be used to prepare the body for the Empath instead of a surgeon. If a red chip is drawn they are perma-dead and the Surgeon will know this.

Arcane Preperation: An arcane must prepare the body to be recovered with a surgeon's help because the body has been dead for more than 60 minutes. This is done via spell and the surgeon's chip-bag. There may be varying spells to do this. My first thought are two spells. Spell #1 uses a fortify the dead potion and takes 20 minutes to cast. The deceased must draw 5 chips at the beginning of the casting. If a red chip is drawn, they are permanently dead and the caster drops to 0 as this interrupts the ritual. At the end of the ritual, the caster drops to 0. Spell #2 is an addon spell that uses mystical components to increase the time to cast by 10 minutes and lowers the chips drawn by 1 (so 4 chips drawn). Another Addon idea would be a "reckless addon" that would cost a mystic resource, lower the time by 10 minutes for both the arcane and the empath and will add another chip.

Empath Rez Time: 20 minutes

So the basics:

Empath Rez: 3 chips then 20 minutes
Empath Rez w/fortify: 4 chips then 20 minutes
Arcane Rez: 5 chips then 20 minutes then 20 minutes
Arcane Rez w/addon #1: 4 chips then 30 minutes then 20 minutes
Arcane Rez w/addon #2: 6 chips then 10 minutes then 10 minutes
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:Seond is to decrease the empath rez to a half hour. There will be 30% less raises to do as well...
It's actually 33.6% less :D
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Chips

Post by Nelkie »

3 chips? doesn't that seem harsh. I like the idea of the number of chips increasing as time passes, but I think it should start at 1 chip and than increase greatly as time passes. Rember, there is only 10 chips in a bag.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

I know we talked about it event for the off season, and I am cool with what was mentioned...and thank you Erica for bringing it up on the forum!

To Chris: I hope you didnt think we were whining about it we just wanted to a) see about the 7 people that had to rez'd so late that night, and b) make you aware of our issues with it...Im sorry if you took it personally it was not an attack against you...if we all hated the rules of FH so much no one would play. And I feel the death does have to be harsher, some people do fear dying but for many they continue to brag about comming back from death multiple times durring an event.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

HMM?

Did we argue or something?

Im really confused

All I remember was a good discussion the results posted here.

Oh and yes I can see the argument for more chips drawn as time goes on. I am not sold on the idea and I thought about on the trip home
Chris
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

No I think we were just having a discussion but I had the feeling that you took our comments (UG's and mine) personally.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Bah, don't worry about that, I'm sure if Chris is mad he places all the blame on me. ;-)
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I'm still in favor of there being a penalty to the person that dies. As these rules are at the moment, you're making an empath stand around you for an hour (yes I know you are going to decrease this time for next year) and well healers don't need to be there with you for that long, and if you need the potion, that's how many hours of brewing time that could of been used for something else?

What does the dead PC have to do? They get to relax on a table for an hour and then get right back up and are as good as new and can run right back out of the inn into another battle if they so choose.

I think there should be a penalty to the PC that died. Like, some sort of resurection sickness where their body and spirit is still weak and are unable to preform the tasks that a normal healthy body could do for a while. I think perhaps something simalar to starving for an hour or so..