rez time

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Zahn
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Zahn »

The idea that was in my mind was this: Still a long rez time, but a choice to shorten it. The more you shorten it, the more likely it is to fail. Say you can chose to shorten it by 10 or 15 min intervals, but if you do, you have to choose more chips out of the bag.

A possible example: They pick their one surgery chip. After that, a 60 min rez like currently succeeds and you move on. A 50 min rez would choose another one, a 40 min rez would choose two, a 30 min rez would choose three, a 20 min rez four, and a 10 min rez five. A 10 min rez has 3/5 of a chance of failure. Anything under 10 min (being disturbed, choosing to stop) is automatic failure.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

If you give the player a choice, then the players around them know that they were being reckless and may retaliate for their recklessness, which will bring us right back to where we are right now and all the empaths will feel 'obligated' to do long rez's else they might begin to have problems around town.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Zydana wrote:I think there should be a penalty to the PC that died. Like, some sort of resurection sickness where their body and spirit is still weak and are unable to preform the tasks that a normal healthy body could do for a while. I think perhaps something simalar to starving for an hour or so..
Well, what about a situation where a lot of people die and the empaths also fall. Then when they get back up you'd have to wait even longer before they could start helping other players...
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I know for myself and for Wayne we want a change in attitude. Right now people fight until they are dead. Now I do like this, but at the same time we dont. I love it is critical heroic moments, but not in every battle.

I think if people felt that EVERY death brings with it a chance of perma death then well people will fall on the ground with a couple life left. Will leave combat when their armour is gone and the like.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I am 100% in favor of lower rez times and higher chances of permadeath.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Onimaster wrote:
Zydana wrote:I think there should be a penalty to the PC that died. Like, some sort of resurection sickness where their body and spirit is still weak and are unable to preform the tasks that a normal healthy body could do for a while. I think perhaps something simalar to starving for an hour or so..
Well, what about a situation where a lot of people die and the empaths also fall. Then when they get back up you'd have to wait even longer before they could start helping other players...
That's the risk we all take when we leave the inn. What penalty is there to the player themselves when they die? Right now the get to take a breather on the table as they're being rezed. There should be some sort of sickness or illness from the body after it's been dead. Have it take a while for the body itself to realize it's alive and moving around again.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

GM_Chris wrote:
I think if people felt that EVERY death brings with it a chance of perma death then well people will fall on the ground with a couple life left.
Chris, some of us have been doing that anyway. :D
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:
GM_Chris wrote:
I think if people felt that EVERY death brings with it a chance of perma death then well people will fall on the ground with a couple life left.
Doesn't count when you are surrounded by 22 enemies ;-)

hehe
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Ug wrote:
Donovan Thynedar wrote:
GM_Chris wrote:
Doesn't count when you are surrounded by 22 enemies ;-)

hehe
It damn sure does when they all walk away. :P
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I like the shorter rez time, the 1 hour rarely ever comes into play anyway.

I like the 3 chip draw as well, and the change in order for the dead dead to where the healer has to prepare the body first, then the other things then the healing.

I think the increased chance of perma death is enough for the player, if anything else maybe under the effects of starving for a short period of time afterward.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Starvation for 1 hour after being rezzed in addition to a pull from the chip bag sounds good to me. At that point, dying sucks. To stay viable in a conflict you would surely retreat early to be healed and have armor repaired instead of risking death and being the walking worthless for an hour. Trust me, starvation is not fun!!
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I definately agree. Starving = not fun and with a shorter rez time, that would put most of the fault/blame/work on the person who died and not the Empath.

I think this was discussed before, but I'm not sure.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I am for these changes (shorter rez time and penalty to the recently deceased). However, I feel I have to play devils advocate here.

Lambic took a dive in a fight to keep from going squish. He also got his ass handed to him repeatedly into the negatives, no because he didn't retreat but because He quickly went from 4 life to -6 (2-2-2-2-2 or 3-3-3). Often his body was brutalized while crawling away from the fight. He was at -1, crawling out of the cave when he was beaten (legally) from behind waaay into the negatives and died Saturday night. I than sat down by the caves for at least a 1/2 hour before someone drug me to the top of the stairs, where I and Dewberry stayed for well over an hour. We took time out to warm ourselves by the fire but anytime someone passed by we were in position. I still don't know how anything played out because I wasn't involved in the culmination of those plots. Soooo....Its not all songs and rose to be dead.

I just worry that if current NPC tatics continue the way the are (throat slitting, beating deep into the negatives, etc.) and then you change the rez rules, you might end up with more permadeath than expected.

Also Lambic was fully expecting to die Saturday and not come back. He believed he knew the potion stock of the town (he was wrong) and there just wasn't enough. He was very confused we came back around and now I have sea shanties running through me head all of the damn time!

It is possible that I am having a very different experience than others.
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

This is very true regarding the NPC tactics. Even when you do drop early, it doesn't matter because you're going to get hit at least 5 more times while you're down.

However, if you're an empath or an arcane, or both, spending the majority of your event sitting around rezzing people is enough to make you not want to play that character anymore.

So it's kind of a toss up. But I, for one, come to the game to have fun and play, not just sit around. That may sound shitty, but I'll put money on that's how every other empath/arcane feels right now.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We hear you about the short rez time and I want to make that. You can rp while rezzing. A rite could act like it did in Willow and she talked plenty.

Oh and I think we are being a bit quick on the head taking. Need to slow down. I think a count will help that
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them