What can we do so you guys will be wealthy?

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

What can we do so you guys will be wealthy?

Post by GM_Chris »

Yep this discussion again.

Think we need more than 2 options?

Maybe if you go from common to middle clease you can gain 1 extra LP and a small % increase in alliegence

Then we can continue that way giving smaller rewards and such for people living better?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Problem

Post by Nelkie »

Being Wealthy right now rocks is cool, but is ungodly expensive and very diffucult to maintane. There is not enough resources coming into game to make this happen for many people. If you want people to start building things, having people be wealthy, etc.. than put more cloth, shealter into the game, and than it can start happening.

Here is a rough idea how many resoucres the house takes to keep it running every event

Basic Upkeep - 170-200
Food - 120-140
Supplies - 55-65
Cloth - 27-35

This does not take inconsideration any resources being made into commidites, used for spells, alchemy, magical items.
It does not leave much for growth.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I like the idea of wealth = allegiance but its not enough to entice me into being interested in spending the extra resources.

Maybe some kind of modifier/multiplier instead of actually getting points. Or something like if you have xx number of points you get yy% bonus to the guild/house/royalty you lead, where xx is only possible through 3+ years of play or by being wealthy for a full year.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Wealthy is an ok concept but it's only useful as a oh crap, I need a boost this month thing. I'm one of the highest AP people on the field the 25% would only give me an extra 14 allegiance at the cost of maintaining 6 people. Now If a royal could increase their entire allegiance pool by 25% for the cost of 6 people that would be worth it in MP's. Or at the house level possibly to maintain a higher level than your normal pts allow, but it really just drains resources with very very little benefit. As is it's easier to try and recreuit people because 3 people will outstrip a 25% bonus very quickly and it drains less from your stores.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Atrum it does work that way.

If you lead a guild or a house you can bump up to wealthy and get the entire % to the whole total not your personal. (If ai am wrong please correct me)

Also, after readint his from the two house guys all I will say is none of you have any concept what so ever how many resources are in the game right now. Which sucks since it hinders me from having a good discussion.

What would people think of adding one more wealth level that is easier to attain that gives 1 LP or simply adding 1 lp to upper class
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Then the book should say something of the like, it makes it seem like only personl as it only ever says their and never mentions Orgs. :?

I think I do have a pretty decent idea of some stuff out there. I think that I have a little over 1\3 of the steel and supplies after an event and all upkeep is changed over.
and about 1\4 of the others after an event and everyone is maintained.
Except Mytic which I may have 5%.

If I'm way off then maybe you should PM Aaron and I the actual #s so we can talk about this from a more informed view.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

I've had a decent amount of resources (though both Sam & I forgot Privileged last time), but from my limited play experience, I agree with Aaron. Eilonwy's been roughin' it. Well...compared to normal. Poor little fop...

Non-political incentives would be nice. I know it's not normal for many wealthy people to stay on the edges of politics but hey, it's an alternate world.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

The rulebook shows the following:
"Upper class characters get a stackable 10% increase and wealthy characters get a stackable 25% increase to their allegiance points, rounded down. For example, a common human might have 20 allegiance points at level 20. Thus a wealthy human at the same level would have 25, 25% more than 20"

Id interpret that to be stackable only on your character or am I missing something? Could you be thinking of the Level 2 Bureaucrat (Leadership)

It shows:
"If the Bureaucrat spends all of their allegiance points in one place, they
increase the total value by 25%. For example, Cedric's guild has a total of
100 allegiance points. When he supports a house, he is actually giving them 125 allegiance points. This represents the fact that the Bureaucrat is a more influential politician than others. "

If being wealthy stacks on the pool, then what is the point of having a level 2 beureaucrat? Or is this only for wealthy Guild Leaders?

Just my opinion.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything