A year is almost over so Lets talk about resources

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

A year is almost over so Lets talk about resources

Post by GM_Chris »

I know we have not really worked all this out yet. First year of implimentation followed by a loss of folders really hurt in getting this all off the ground.

What I want to know is just general impressions. Forexample, do we charge enough to create a commodity.

Should we make a person get different upkeep tags for hide and steel?

The trade routes are not really trade routes but more like guildes controlling territory. I am thinking we might need to change things up a bit to represent this. Thoughts??
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Items

Post by Nelkie »

Here is my opion on the resources. We are not getting enough!! With expection for Food. We have way to much food! this is based on all the trading I have done with people and my research of what has been coming into town.

The resources that we are short on
Mystic
Shealter

Resources that are OK, but could use some more for growth
Hide
Cloth

Resoucres that there is plenty of
Metal

Resources that there is to much
Food

The house has about 2/3 of the resouces in take and people in FH, but we are left with very little extra at the end of the event.
We use the resources to take care of everyones needs, upkeeps. Pay for upkeep on buildings, upkeep Lord Corbyn's army, and if we can make some Refined materials. After that, there is not much left. With so much resoucres being controled by one source, one would think there would be more resources avaialble to build additional buildings and maybe create a couple more commidities, but that is not the case.
Also note, Corbyn's been using his MP points to support trade rtoutes, and have been using buildings to support routes, and we still are coming up short. Growth can't happen if there isn't any extra resources aviable for the growth.

As for metal and hide, keep it the same. Hide and metal has about the same value, with metal being alittle more important becasue you need it for creating most items. So I would keep the upkeep values the same, keeping it simple. Control the amount of hide and metal coming into game if there is to much upkeep being produced.

Commidity costs are just right, they are expensive and can drain resources very quickly, but not to expensive to break the bank. I think they are costed properly.

To me, it does not matter what a trade route is, it's all about RP'ing and I can go with any method of explination the GM staff wants to use.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

See I think hide and cloth should be about the same and that metal should be rarer and I completely agree that there is too much metal out there. Food, there is ALOT of that out there, enough that I gave away 25 last event just to get rid of some in a way that may help Haven. Now, I do think that next year we will see more resources being used and such as the new house will be building and upkeeping more items and structures. And after most of the town is razed this weekend we'll need all those extras to rebuild. Factor some of those things in when adjusting resources.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok I was about to give a general idea how much is out there, but instead I will let the house heads give post or IM me how much they think is out there.

So if I dont bring in ANY resources this next event how many people can be supported at common level?

How much steel and hide can be turned upkeep?

Also, You two both feel that hide and steel should both produce the same amount of upkeep tokens?? I was thinking steel should be 4 and Hide 3
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think that Hide and Steel should produce the same number of upkeep just for simplicity sake. If you do want to vary it, then go with 4 for steel and 2 for hide. It is just an easier ratio to remember. My vote is to keep it the same though
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is true that we would have another number to remember..hmm..the reason for the change is that wilderness survival brings in hide and I see it as more common and thus shouldnt be as usefull as steel which needs to become alot rarer.
Chris
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I have no idea exactly how much stuff is out there, I just know how much stuff I have, and its quite abit.

I would say that for simplicity sake the conversions should remain the same, I lobbied for mystic to change to 4 for both upkeep and compnents for the same reason. And I don't think changing the ratios is where the change would be most effective anyway.

Even though I have a steel route, I'd say that the #'s coming into game probably need to be reduced but without knowing what the other routes are producing I can't really give any #'s for that. Food could probably be cut in half, just based on what I have had over the past few months. Or more of the surrounding tribes could want to trade food for other things, hides and mystics would make the most sense because they can be gotten from just about anywhere.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Mystic has to be 4 and 2 and then have produtction increased

Here is the thing. If steel and hide produce the same amount of upkeep tokens and Hide is in more abundance why ever use steel for upkeep?
Chris
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

True, laziness really. I should be trading steel for hide to upkeep now since you can't make weapons or armor with hide but I'm lazy and have steel coming out of my arse. :lol:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Chris

Post by Nelkie »

The problem with steel in game right now is there at least 3 trade routes bring steel in. Thats why the town is swimming in steel. We are currently in a short supply of hide and will have to use metal for upkeep.
The only reason hide is more abundant than steel, there is a skill allows hide to be brought, but that is only about 8-15 additional hide tokens in game. If the skill is unbalancing stuff, remove it from the skill and put something else in it's place.
Remove any skill or ablity to bring in resources from disaplines or path, and leave that sololy in the trade routes.
Remove wilderness survial, barter, privleadge bonus

Change them to
Wilderness survial - Track and move through the forest quickly, requires 2 less food for upkeep.
Privleadge - grants % extra in allgence
Barter - Only requires 1 food & supply's to survive.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I don't think it's neccesarily the skills or priveledged that are unbalancing things. And I doubt those ideas would fix it really, there aren't that many people with barter or priviledged and the wilderness survival change would still leave the same amount of resources IG. Instead of getting 2 you'd just be saving 2.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Not talking about things being unbalanced. The skills are fine. Being privledge will probably just give better alliegence. At least I will agrue the case with the other GM's

As for trade rotues the problem is implimentation.

What will happen is we will determine, based on the data we recieved this year on how many resources exists in the territory.

Guilds will get a chunk of those resources based on points.

Kinda what we have now but a little different since we will have a harder lock on yield.

Im thinking the way civ4 does culture and each guild as a town. I dont have it worked out yet but I know I am close to a great idea.
Chris