Charge Skill

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Charge Skill

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Charge-up Skills
Some types of skills require intense amounts of concentration to use properly. These skills have
a set amount of time that you must spend either studying the intended target or summoning the
energy forth in order to use them. Unless otherwise stated, Charge-up skills require a target at
the time of charging. Because of the needed concentration, being struck while charging or prior
to using the skill causes the skill to be lost and the charge-up time to reset. These skills cannot
be used in conjunction with other charge-up skills or life point skills.

Question here is by the wording here you no longer need to stand still while charging a skill? Is this on purpose, as before the rules change I remember you had to stand still to charge a skill.. or was that just left out of the description on accident?

In other words.. do you have to stand still while charging or is this rule correct and you only have to worry about being hit while charging?
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You have to stand still
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

You may wish to state this at the next event during the pre-game stuff then, since it is not in the rules many of us have noticed people are moving while charging, and those of us that were going by the old rules were still standing still.. Not saying anyone is trying to cheat, as anyone who has read only the current rules would not know you need to standstill to charge.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

And I'd change being struck to any offensive or defensive action. By that wording it isn't clear that if you attack, parry or block with a shield that you lose the skill, only if you are struck.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Thank you for clearing this up...I know us spell slingers will be glad to see it spelled out.
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

dodging is also a defensive action which is legal to do.

"If you are struck with a packet or weapon, or perform any action other than running or using of the charged skill, you lose the charge."

This should cover it and is fairly straight forward. Feel free to append.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Talking while holding a charge ought to be allowed, methinks. Everybody does it. The rulebook should comply if it wants to hang out with the cool kids.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Once you are holding the charge you can do whatever you want, except activate another skill, attack, parry or block. It's only while charging that you have to stand still and I think that you can talk, I know at one point you couldn't but I don't think thats the case anymore.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~