Path Updates

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Erik, I need to talk to you sometime then.. cause I can't seem to get any off.. maybe 1 or 2 an event.

And I am not trying to say Backstab is not powerful.. I am just questioning it's current abilities since the rules change.. with the advent of so many people switching to warriors I have noticed a tendency for the NPC's we fight to be pretty tough.. taking a 12 backstab with little problem.. and since to me the real use of backstab is in the more rogueish way of sneaking up behind someone without them knowing and surprising them.. but I have not seen this capability when used against NPC's??

I would even be for perhaps increasing the counts for each level of backstab to increase by five, remove the need for target, and keep the back spot needed to hit. But I am just throwing out ideas..

I know there are not many Rogues left, but if any others would like to comment, I wouldn't want a rules change on my account alone.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

I for one like the Rogue skill as is except the counts. But then I am small and can hide easy. I find that when combat is going to begin or has just started I jump off to the side and try to hide. It worked well when the Gavin from the cave came out to fight Ka. Mike moved right in front of me, about 3 feet away, as I was crouched on the ground. Need less to say I had already picked my target as Matt. So I had to wait to strike.

I don't want to see a no target thing. I think it is used to determine the enemies armor and the best way to attack it from the rear, ie exploit it. But a 15 sec wait to strike Mike was just to long of a count. Ana a LOT can happen in 15 seconds. If anything is to happen I would like to see the count times go down.

5 sec for 4
8 sec for 8
10 sec for 12

I will admit it is VERY hard to get off a backstab when you need to pick your target before hand. This adjustment will let the Rogue change his target as needed. Or make it another 5 sec count to change targets.

5 sec for 4
10 for 8
15 for 12
+5 sec to change targets

Mike and Chris walk out of the cave ready to attack our party. I hid right along the cave entrance and was not seen. I choose Mike as my target for he is the one on my side when they walked out. A taunting battle between the party and the NPCs make Mike and Chris move around and change spots. Now Chris is the close one, recount. Befor the count is up they start to attack with more comeing out of the cave. Spending another 15 sec to try and get a new backstab off is hard.
Drakelenas Elderich
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well let mecomment on NPC's

The NPC HP factor is a factor of physreps. If we have 4 peope and we are fighting 50 then to make the battle interesting we must have more lifeandbe more difficult.

Now if it is 50 on say 25 then yo would see a dramatic shift in the way the monsters are. Also, we have different monsters affected by different things. Some events certain combos shine over others.

What is funny is how someone recently was telling me how we completely destroyed the warrior. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Oh I completely understand the NPC hitpoint thing,.. Sorry if it sounded like complaining.. Just putting my opinion out there and seeing what others have to say.

Just let me say I think you guys do an awesome job.
Nothing can save you!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I didnt take it as cmplaining. Just letting you know why things have apeared to be a certain way.

I know perception makes a huge impact in these things
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

Aye so it does... so it does.. which is why I wanted to get more input from other Rogues before trying to really sell changing Backstab.
Nothing can save you!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Drake

Post by Nelkie »

Drake,

You hide so well in the gavin cave that I though you where an enemy and threw a boom at you. That is good hiding, and a great example of how catoic combat can get. Again, sorry about that :oops: , I thought you where mike or chris sneaking out of the cave trying to throw something nasty at us.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Phil, get a warrior or rogue buddy. Aaron and I used to work really well together we'd cross flank an enemy and feint at him from both sides and once one got off their backstab the enemy would turn to them then the other would get off their backstab. Granted not usually the 15 second wait one but like I said you don't always have to use that one. Try like hell not to get engaged with anyone 1 on 1, rove the battlefield picking your spots, and the best advice, stay close to a beefy warrior that likes to take on any enemies that come your way. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~