Suggestions Under New Rules Ideas

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Nope in FH we allow shields to block effects.

Would a charged arror break a shield ..yes
You currently say armor is a defense but by that argument so is a shield.
Some monster damage calls will be tweeked accordingly. I would expect monsters to swing 1 or 2 with charged specials like PC's
IMO fear should overright anything so if you root then fear they run.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: RE

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:IMO fear should overright anything so if you root then fear they run.
Too easy to cheese. I could fear my stunned or rooted friends, fear fleeing scouts, etc...

oh, and, on the note of fear, how about fear vs. berserk and/or endurance? Everyone is worried about a 30 boom or 12 vorpal. Fear means the person falls dead without even getting to use the skill.

btw, armor is a passive defense, where as shield is an active one
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

Fear means the person falls dead without even getting to use the skill.

Doesn't Fear means "Run away, Run away" for 10 sec?
Maybe you weren't being literal. If so, Who's bad was it? It was my bad.
Lost my train of thought.....
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

When Berserking or Enduring, if you try to leave combat you are reduced to Determination where you can only crawl and drink potions and begin bleeding to death. So if you are struck with Fear while using either skill, you must crawl away (if you are allowed to even do that), and begin bleeding to death. Crawling away from a foe will get you dead in a hurry.

Basically, I hit negatives, I get hit with fear, I try to crawl away, all the while taking more damage. So by the time the 10 seconds is over I'm at -43 hp and go start writing a new character.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

We could add resist fear while bizerick. HEHE

Oh and as for fearing rooted friends I dont have an issue with that. I knd of like that.

Chris
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: RE

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:We could add resist fear while bizerick. HEHE
Like putting band aid on a bullet wound...
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I still disagree with your opinion of the skill BUT we will look into it as the play test/

Infact if there are specific rules that you want to test write them and bring them :)

Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I'd consider being under the affects of fear to still be part of the engagement. When the fear wears off, the warrior simply runs back toward his opponent.

Same with stun or root - while under the effects, the engagement is still in effect.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

It actually works it self out. Root is 10 seconds. If five seconds in to my 'Root' count I get hit with 'Fear' (fear=15 seconds), I struggle to get away for the five remaining seconds, then I break free and run for 10 more. At this point I have left combat and revert to determination. Easy enough. I think a more important issue has been raised here though. what about 'Sleep', or 'Nerve Pinch'. Does the warrior fall asleep, and begin bleeding out emedietly?

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ok, this is all well and good but when you are enduring or berserking you can not run away without reverting to determination. As soon as you are hit with fear you will revert under the current rules.

As for root and fear (totally seperate topic from the endurance one), with Todd's example, a 3rd level druid/3rd level barbarian would have 10 seconds of free hits on someone, pretty much a death sentence. I have no issue with this, just want a clarification whether fear overrides all other effects or not.

If it does, it becomes a very powerful skill. If it doesn't the druid/barb combo is one of the better pc killers. It's a trade off either way.