Weapons and Armor

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Weapons and Armor

Post by Nelkie »

Here are some questions dealing with up keep of weapons and armor.

1. What happens to armor and weapons if they are not upkept? I know you can't use them if they are not upkept, but do they break and never can be used again? Or can you pay the upkeep to get them fixed and use them again??

2. Now you are on a quest and find a sword. You don't need it and don't want to pay up keep for it. You can not find any one who is willing to buy it off of you. But you happen to be a master craftsman and start wondering if you melt the sword down to get some raw componets from it. Is it possible to have the craftsman convert swords and armor into upkeep tags?

Here's my idea.
Only can convert armor and weapons into upkeep tags inbetween events.
1 weapon gets you 2 upkeep tags
1 piece of armor gets you 2 upkeep tags

aka - it takes 1 metal to make a piece of armor or weapon, you get 4 upkeep tags per metal. I'm figuring you would lose 1/2 of the useful metal during the melting process, aka why only getting 2 upkeep tokens.

Please note: any quality item would still give only 2 upkeep tags when melted down.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

???

Post by Nelkie »

Bump!

ANy thoughts, reply's ?
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

At the moment there will be no conversion of swords unless we state it can happen at the event.

As for non upkeep the weapon cannot be used and will break after 1 year of no upkeep.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them