Seige Weapons

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Seige Weapons

Post by Nelkie »

Why is there such a difference between a Catuplt and Trebshae? They do the same thing, throw a object at a place or person. A trebshae has a great range and is typicaly easier to load than a catuplt. I don't understand why there is such a difference. Should the rules not be the same for both?
As a safety note, a Trebshae is more danergous to use than a catuplut becasue of the counter weights and large swing arm. I was able to make a catplut that is player safe where people would not have to worry about getting hurt by it. One person can use the catpult I built. They load it, pull down the arm and sit on the ground. Than when the target comes into range they let go. The swinging arm is shield by thecatpult support structure and the person pulling the arm down. It would be very diffucult for a person to get hit by the swinging arm. I built it to be used in larp battles with out hurting anybody.
A catpult should be able to throw many stones as a Trebshae and still be able to throws large rocks. The damage should be based not on the machine, but on a ammo.
Not to mention, if a person is willing to create a seige weapon and bring it to game, should the rules not be leveled for any seige weapon?

I'm not looking for an edge with my catpult, but looking towards player safety and overall fun of the game.
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We are already looking at tweeking the siege weapons. Hold onto your horses for abit
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Thank

Post by Nelkie »

Thanks Wayne. My Horse has been placed in the stable and I will keep quite. :D
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

New siege weapon rules posted. Let the horses run free
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

stuff

Post by Nelkie »

What level of gernarder and craftsman do you need to be to run a seige weapon? And what level gernader do you need to be to increase the damage/packets of seige weapons?
My Thoughts

Aaron
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Any level craftsman or grenadier will do.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite