Forum Theme

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here you will find the latest page updates, and a place to let us know what you think, want added, changed, etc!

Moderator: Admin

Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Theme

Post by Kayla »

The forum theme from the old phpBB2 was not compatible with phpBB3, so we're looking for a new one.

If anyone feels like they want to help, do a google search for "PhpBB3 Themes" and tell me if you find any you like. And, if anyone feels really ambitious they can make one - there's tutorials online everywhere ^_^
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Theme

Post by Kayla »

Update: I've also installed a mobile theme. It should display automatically on a smart phone. I know it works on my iphone, so I'd appreciate if an android phone user could try too.

Thanks!

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

android here and it looks great!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Works well on the ipad as well.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
taymoonlight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by taymoonlight »

Looks good on my samsung tab 2 10.1.
Thiseus Moonlight
Master Healer
"Contra immortuos"
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Ok, I personally despise color forums... its completely a personal taste, but I figured I'd run thought a few forum styles and see what I liked...

Here are some minimalistic styles...
ID Launch: Fresh | demo
Serenity | demo
CA Gen2 | demo
Artodia: Air | demo

Here are some contrasting styles...
ID Launch: Black | demo
Artodia: Elegance | demo
Bl@ck | demo

Here are are few fantasy oriented styles...
Imperium | demo
Weapons and Adventures | demo
Guild Wars Alliance | demo
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

August wrote:Ok, I personally despise color forums... its completely a personal taste, but I figured I'd run thought a few forum styles and see what I liked...
Excellent, thank you for the skins. Artodia is one of my favorite skin creators. In fact, the mobile theme is an Artodia skin.

I will install some of these (one from each category, most likely) and post how to change your theme.

GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Is there a limit to the number of themes we can have? (Besides space of course).

It might not be a bad idea to throw a few up and have the PC vote on them. Then we can keep the popular ones.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Is there an option with this forum for hidden text? I have used other forums that allow BBCode that hides the text. This would allow some of us (especially the GMs) the ability to put some flavor text in with our normal posts... Like...

You find a ring on the ground glowing a light blue.
[hidden="Sense Magic"]When you take a closer look at the Magic, you realize that a small pixie has been trapped and bound to the ring.[/hidden]
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

Yes there is a hide bbcode available.

I will install that as well as the themes I forgot about tonight.