N00b infos

The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here you will find the latest page updates, and a place to let us know what you think, want added, changed, etc!

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

N00b infos

Post by NewGuy »

As a n00b to the game, I have some insight you veterans might overlook.

Mainly, the page offers no information (that I could find) in regards to such world events as relatively how long ago was the cataclysm? In most players lifetimes? A millennium ago? Yesterday? I had a character concept that involved the cataclysm, but I didn't know if it was anytime recent.

Also basic information about the town, surrounding areas we know of and interact with, and vague descriptions of previous plot arcs. A member of a near-by village that you frequent would likely know if you fought a giant dragon last moon. There would be general rumors and stories in the neighboring area that travelers could have come across.

A description of Haven itself. I'd have liked to know before I came if it was a town in shambles, a ruined fort, a peasent village in some kingdom, etc. It helps character development (pre-game) and role-playing (at least for me). It seems likely that people in the local area would know if they lived in a great kingdom, or if they were savages hunting to live.

kthxbi
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

There are 8 pages of lore here: http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/new/tiki- ... ticles.php

There are 4 "Books" of lore here:
http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/lore/flash.html

As well as several pages of more current events here:
http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/lore/fall/index.html

I agree though that we need a more modern write up of the town of haven, its surrounding environs, and some write-ups on recent events. It would be neat if this came from a current character's perspective. Any takers? (There will be in-game rewards)

Edit: Side note: The current year is 1058 p.e.w. or 8 P.C. (Post cataclysm)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I might have time to put something together.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

What is Haven?

Post by Torakhan »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:I might have time to put something together.
How about something with bullet points, like a town guide for Haven? *chuckles* Tri-fold! "Welcome to Haven, now pick up a sword!"

... though make sure you leave room for carved leaves and other dainty flourishes in the corners... and what script is good for "Elf Haven"?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Better wait til after next event to prevent your handiwork form getting covered in blood and gore...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

our it could be laminated...
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

True enough. We'll see what happens this event. I'm sure a guide could be developed during the off season.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Better wait til after next event to prevent your handiwork form getting covered in blood and gore...
I was just re-reading the old posts and found this one. How true.