Don't panic

Rule changes, additions, addendums, errata, and updates.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Don't panic

Post by GM-Mike »

I am going to begin trickling out the rule "changes" as the votes are finalized, but I wanted to take a moment to prepare everyone. You are most likely going to see a VERY lengthy list of changes for this upcoming year, but I want you to know two things about this. First, most of the changes are hardly changes at all, but rather rule clarifications. A couple in fact are really more cosmetic in nature. While it is true we are making some changes, nothing will be as drastic as it will seem by just looking at the list of updates forthcoming.

Second and more importantly, we're tired. We're tired of changing rules, we're tired of discussing rules, we're tired of thinking about rules, we're tired of thinking about considering whether we should think about considering rules...This year we brought on a couple of our resident rules lawyers to "fix" whatever needed fixing, to clarify whatever needed clarifying, and we then voted on everything independently of them. Do not be surprised if the rules questions and rules sugegstions forums disappear in the future. While we plan on creating a good FAQ that deals with any lingering questions that arise, our intentions are to shut down rule changes at this point...

With a couple notable exceptions. We are trying to pilot some character advancement and some advanced character concept rules. These rules will be placed in a separate document from the core rule book and will be considered optional advanced character rules for chapters. Most of these rules will be playtested during this year so we can see the impact on the game before fully greenlighting them. The other exception is the ever evolving political system. We have made significant changes to that system with the understanding that additional tweaking may be necessary.

Our hope, or at least my hope, is that by shutting the rules down, our brains can be free to focus on our logistical deficits and to further enhance our stories and plots so that we have a game that runs smoothly technically and artistically. Constant rule discussions have sucked some of the fun and enjoyment out of the game and we are at the point now where we simply feel like the game is good to go.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

there are a few more things to come. Stay tuned.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The rule updates are now completed. The rule book will be updated early next week, Tuesday at the latest.