Blitz

Have an idea for a new skill? How about a proposed change the way something works? Suggest it here!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Blitz

Post by Ark »

my new warrior idea in the hopes that this will be a cool design, fun interesting class to play, and not boring meat bag.

Warrior

basic
-Determination (as now)
-Trip ("1 slick" effect, 15 second reload)
-Vigor (1 life point)
-Basic Blizs (details below)

advanced
-Endurance (as now except +1 life)
-Combat Reflexes (2)
-Cleave (1 life point 15 second reload "3 lash")
-Advanced Blitz (details below)

master
-Improved Combat Reflexes (3)
-Fortitude (2 life point)
-Parry (as now)
-Masters Blitz (details below)

Blitz: all per scene

-Basic: 10 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants 2 temporary life and the press skill

-Advanced: 20 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants all basic benifits as well as resist root/slick, and resist fear, +2 temporary life.

-Masters: 30 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants all basic and advanced benifits as well as +1 weapon damage (stacks with weapon focus), +2 temporary life.

I really like this idea, grants the warrior interesting abilities to use in combat, blitz is not spontanious and requires time to activate as well as having a steady progression like other paths. endurance improved to provide a benifit before your bleeding out. Trip added to give the warrior some monster management other then their face. Cleave added flavor as well.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

if you dont like warrior, and think its boring...dont play one.

wait...thats right...you dont play one, or a rogue, or an empath, or a wizard, or a healer or a sage even....

-Basic: 10 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants 2 temporary life and the press skill

-Advanced: 20 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants all basic benifits as well as resist root/slick, and resist fear, +2 temporary life.

-Masters: 30 second charge up, after the charge up active for the remainder of the scene. grants all basic and advanced benifits as well as +1 weapon damage (stacks with weapon focus), +2 temporary life.
I actually have to support the proposed skill, since I like crazy overpowered skills.

you think the rogue is to potent but this is OK?!?!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Wyrmwrath wrote:if you dont like warrior, and think its boring...dont play one.

wait...thats right...you dont play one, or a rogue, or an empath, or a wizard, or a healer or a sage even....

I actually have to support the proposed skill, since I like crazy overpowered skills.

you think the rogue is to potent but this is OK?!?!
claiming something is overpowered when you have given no details or explination as to why something can be considered as much is. . .silly to say the least, but i supose its easy to criticize rather then to come up with ideas. . .

breakdown of the benifits
press (a basic skill that can be gained for 20 points or as a boon)
resist root (an advanced skill warrior already has)
resist fear (a second level skill available for free as a boon)
+1 damage (warriors can achieve +2 damage right now at very heavy cost)
+6 temporary life (to give the warrior deffense in combat lost from the removal of defensive skills, had considered making them CR, this benifit can be achieved in a potion right now)

everything listed is available now for minimal cost and with no charge up.

The basic concept behind the idea is that warriors are weak in spontanious combat and ambush situations (monsters jump out on the road, rogues ambush you, etc.) but in a prepared combat situation they are stronger. this is not in any way ovepowered its simply a slight shift in skills to reflect role (good on the battlefield, bad if ambushed)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I didnt give details because I firmly belive that anyone with a firm grasp of the practical realities of gaming and LARPing can already see why its overpowered, and those that cant might just need to show up and play the game before making suggestions on changes that are for the most part not needed.
As for suggestions, I didnt make any because i dont see any of the non existant flaws you are basing your ludicrosity (yes i think i just made that up) on.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Er mah gawd :shock:

still no examples, details, explinations, nothing constructive, no ideas, etc, sigh, etc. . .

son, i am disapoint :cry:

example:

"it is my personal opinion that 62 magic in 2 seconds is overpowered (the criticism) because an empath has to wait 60 seconds for 30 magic (the reason) perhaps you could increase the charge time as well as include a high life point cost so that one could not use it very often (constructive opinion) let me know your thoughts (idea sharing)"

:wink:
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Er mah gawd

Still no grasping of the English language as you read it.

son, i am disapoint..ED

example:
I didnt give details because I firmly belive that anyone with a firm grasp of the practical realities of gaming and LARPing can already see why its overpowered, and those that cant might just need to show up and play the game before making suggestions on changes that are for the most part not needed.

in simple terms, since it looks like anything more is to lofty for ya.... I dont belive giving examples will help you understand. I think the logic beyong your understanding because the experience you base your views on is so very very limited or just experience with sub par systems, and you just havent realised it yet.
Kinda like someone trying to design a car based on his extensive tri cycling experience....no matter how much latent IQ the person has he just doesnt get the basics.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

actually i was reffering to the fact that you had to decided to go with the deffense of "your too simple to understand" rather then try to provide any explination, example, or proof to support such a claim.

but whatever im too simple to understand, gotcha :wink:

i like the idea of not explaining our reasonings behind things though, should save some time. :lol:
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

actually i was reffering to the fact that you had to decided to go with the deffense of "your too simple to understand" rather then try to provide any explination, example, or proof to support such a claim.

but whatever im too simple to understand, gotcha

i like the idea of not explaining our reasonings behind things though, should save some time.
Well I would have said " first, no where did i say you were simple in fact I think your fairly smart; second, I did explain that giving examples would be useless to make you understand and why. Sorry you didnt like hearing that, but I am not a baker so I dont sugar coat things."
But...since the simple explination i DID post you chose to ignore...or couldnt understand, I can only say your doing a great job of changing my mind....

I will try one last ultra simple explination...dont try fixing what is in no way broken.