rules

Have an idea for a new skill? How about a proposed change the way something works? Suggest it here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

rules

Post by GM-Mike »

This is the time of year we often threaten with more rule changes. It's been kind of quiet this off season so I thought I would see what the big issues are that people feel simply need to be changed. I know there are some suggestions in this forum already, but I wanted to see what people are feeling passionate about these days.

My first thought is that each path should have the waylay skill. It would replace parry for warriors, all three knockout skills for rogue, greater channel for empaths, and surgery for healers. Sage would then pick up all of these skills to replace waylay, as they've probably had it long enough...
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I agree...and you should have to kick a GM in the junk to recharge said skill...

also armor phys reps should all be pink with at LEAST 6 of those mylar pinwheel trhings that spin when ya fight...

and there should be SPAM....lots of SPAM... and lumberjacks...and vikings...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I don't think I've ever agreed with you more...except for the kick a GM in the junk part. That just makes the skill seem almost useless and would take away from the game having PCs running after GMs all the time. Otherwise, all good suggestions...
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

You guys have finally perfected the game. No one has any improvement ideas. It's like as soon as you put up a place for people to put their suggestions they suddenly have none.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

:twisted:

-rogue 3, 6, 9

-ninja discipline

-rage changed to allow parry and resist but no charge up/timed/other life point skills

-weapon spec reduced to medium armor

-def matrix reduced to medium armor

-all vorpal skills made universal like crush (restricted to blunt/blade NOTHING ELSE)

-the cheezy 0 vorapl knockout/parry thing to end

-a master level skill (barb crush) not rendered useless by a level 1 potion (SotD)

-enchant weapon or press made a first level swap out for warrior replacing last stand

-last stand removed and cast into the sun, the sun then crushed into cosmic dust

-noble reputation can join last stand in the sun.

-the advanced warrior skill battle tactics removed and replaced with a vorpal version of the "crush" swap out

-sage advanced swap out "study thy foe" changed to give lasting benifits against creatures/people they study (you gain +1 damage vs wolves, +2 CR vs golems, swing "magic" vs ghosts, etc.)

-sage mezmerize be unbreakable (fearing yourself to avoid it is too easy)

-phantom weapon be restricted to self only and have a 15 second charge time

-Seer touch of fate improved

-hero points either made better, or be allowed to repop. . .choice made effects touch of fate

-warrior "battle tactics" swap out changed to a wizard spell, reduced charge up and lash radius

-other temporary buffs in line with "battle tactics" created for wizards

. . .i think thats it for now. . .more to come if i think of any 8) I would go into a very long rant into the political system, the survival system, the military system, the game suposedly being a game of heroes and all that. but i dont think any of that is likely to change. i also supose any change at this point even for the better would just confuse and anoy people rather then solve the problem.
TLDR: (we are the hero, not the coin in our pocket or the army behind us or the villages we control REMEMBER THAT) :wink:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

and...if those are implemented i think the only thing missing would be the hand held controller and moniter to play that game on...

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Wyrmwrath wrote:and...if those are implemented i think the only thing missing would be the hand held controller and moniter to play that game on...
Thank you for your vague and unspecific feedback that provides little to no help to anyone who would
like to investigate and fix the problems you may or may not (I really can't tell) be referring to.

If you'd like to provide specific examples of any such problems, with steps to fix them, I would be happy to investigate.

Sincerely,
A player who wishes someone would actually tell him what the problem wyrmwrath is talking about so that he could
find what is wrong and fix it.

-Ark :wink:

PS: i dont use a moniter my computer is wired to my HDTV :P also if your using a moniter then its probobly a mouse and keyboard, controller would indicate your playing on a console (360, PS3, Wii-thing)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I was indicating the changes you want would turn a role playing game into a video game...and gut its value to role players, hence the sarcastic humor about the controller.

hope that clarifies for the confused.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Wyrmwrath wrote:I was indicating the changes you want would turn a role playing game into a video game...and gut its value to role players, hence the sarcastic humor about the controller.

hope that clarifies for the confused.

how exactly, please explain.

EDIT: on second thought im going to conclude my brief forey onto the forums. what i wanted to say was said, and is known by the GM's now. if they feel something needs tweaking or fixing im sure they will, if they feel everything is fine then who am i to argue :wink:

by posting my ideas the thoughts and concepts behind them are known, and could in turn give the GM's more ideas on the game etc, etc. better to throw out ideas that could influence for the better then to shoot everything down for the worse :D

peace - Ark
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I agree Rogue crit strike damage should be reduced.

I would think that, while raging, defense is no longer a concern. Current Rage rules are good.

Defensive matrix doesn’t necessarily mean the character is parrying/dodging incoming blows. Hvy Armor might also be getting used to maximum effect. I don’t think it should require an armor restriction.

Roleplay and the current rules can create an excellent ninja - I don’t see a Ninja discipline as needed.

Given the time requirement on “Study thy foe”, I agree it should either have a lasting effect for the combat, or a much greater one-off effect.

I don’t think you can do anything when Mesmerized, so Fearing yourself is impossible.

Seer touch of fate would be better, I think, with a lengthy cool-down (like an hour) instead of a perm life point cost. Characters can carry only one Touch of Fate hero point at a time.

Agreed that Hero Point Perks should repop.

Hero Point time reduction math should be simplified.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

we will be play testing

"hero point perks" you can choose. This way we can control what reductions you can make with out worring about instakills.

Hero point perks will be something you can pick from added onto the advancement list.
Travis Cole