Empath-ish Disciplines

Have an idea for a new skill? How about a proposed change the way something works? Suggest it here!

Moderator: Admin

greatsquiggy
New in Town
New in Town

Empath-ish Disciplines

Post by greatsquiggy »

TLDR/Actual Questions at the bottom:

I heard some discussion about Disciplines once or twice throughout the weekend. I also heard that the GMs sometimes take suggestions on new Disciplines, and I heard that there was going to be some rule changing coming up during the off-season.

Hearing all this, I decided that I would try to put some stuff together and decide what I would want to make if I were deciding to take an Empath Discipline that focused on Essence Gathering. I went through the book, and haven't really found anything that is designed to sit beside Empath save for the Elf Discipline. That being said, after looking at it, the Elf Discipline is exactly what I wanted anyways, but it's not really available to any other race. A Path should definitely have more than one Discipline that works with it, and a Path that can only reach its full potential with one race, I think, is not optimal.

Later, I heard that there were "Hidden" disciplines. It makes a lot of sense to me that disciplines that are good for Empath or Wizard would be something that someone has to look up, seeing as they are all dealing with mysticism and secret magicks and such.

I did more searching through the books, and I discovered one skill that I felt was QUITE THOROUGHLY something that went well with Empath, Take the Burden (Basically making them better at Gather Essence), but the three skills below it don't really seem to fit into the Empath style.

All these thoughts have all these ideas just bouncing around in my head, and I thought I would put my ideas into the forums, so... Here I go!

TLDR/Actual Questions:
In terms of the Empath, are there other disciplines that, I suppose, "Synergize" well with that path other than the Elf Discipline?

Are there "Hidden" disciplines that go well with the Empath that my character would do well to Research in order to find more information on them? (I can understand if this is an IC thing that I should do IC. I have no problem with figuring this out with the actual Basic Research Skill if this should be an IC investigation.)

Is there anything in the works for a more caster-based use of the "Take the Burden" Discipline?

Is there a process where one can, I suppose, apply for a Player Conceptualized Discipline to be brought into reality?