critical strike

Have an idea for a new skill? How about a proposed change the way something works? Suggest it here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Resist magic doesn't stack no reason to worry about two sources.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

cole45 wrote:Resist magic doesn't stack no reason to worry about two sources.
oh whew, thanks for clearing that up. i was unaware so thats great to know.

as for warlock that seems like an anti empath discipline rather then one designed to work with it?
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I'm just a proponent of making Rogues damage go back to the state it was before the expansion because I really don't understand the need for it to have gone up in the first place.

I always heard that this was a low soak system, but suddenly were given access to higher damage. 3,6,9 was jut fine because it could be buffed to 5,8,11 with a curved dagger (essentially what rogues can swing right now, but not nearly free), with 6,9,12 if they were a Knight as well.
So people are arguing over 1 point of damage? To make sure I understand 4 damage at basic breaks the game but 3 creates Disney princess type harmony?
That's only at the lowest level. Master Critical strike went up by three points, to where previously it took (combined) an exotic item that can only be a dagger-size with a commodity for an upkeep cost, and a full discipline(Knight) that only Privileged characters could take.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

as for warlock that seems like an anti empath discipline rather then one designed to work with
so you dont think a disipline that can shut down an empath, works with empath?!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
NPC Christen
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NPC Christen »

His point, I think, is that we were thinking of disciplines that synergize with their given path.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

and mine was i think its a great synergy....an empath that scares the crap out of other empaths. considering that was a 10 minute creation it seemed fine, if not in need of tweaking.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

so GM's

3, 6, 9 and then a discipline that makes adds another 3?

ninja: privliged, common, savage
1-throw dagger (if you already have it damage is +1)
2-escape artist (stacking how it does)
3-critical strike (adds another +3 for an aditional 5 count)
4-resist mind effects (does not stack with chieften)

everyone is happy, rogues are 3, 6, 9 and yet can still get 12.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

MUST RESIST AGREEING WITH ARK....*strains*

I think its a solid discipline..even if it was his idea...

:wink:

NPC Christen
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NPC Christen »

*nods* Actually... I quite like it too. ^_^
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just FYI, nothing will ever even get considered when Josh, Brian, and Christen all agree.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

Wyrmwrath wrote:MUST RESIST AGREEING WITH ARK....*strains*

I think its a solid discipline..even if it was his idea...

:wink:
Okay I am pretty sure the world is ending.

But in all seriousness, that's a pretty good idea.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

damn mike, we were all just discussing giveing you all our hidden millions.....well scrap that idea guys...I guess it goes to the second choice, the church of scientology.

NPC Christen
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NPC Christen »

Or I could just set it on fire. Joker-style. Same difference. ^_~
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

HA! awsome :lol: