2016 changes and rewrites

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

2016 changes and rewrites

Post by Eli »

What are the re-write rules currently. Please keep in mind I've not played in oh... 5ish years and since then it appears the game has changed a LOT.

Basic questions are: Do people get a full rewrite. If they do, do they keep all their items their old character had? Are people allowed to completely re-write their skills? For example, I can no longer be an empath - arcane, well, at least not like I use to be, I could be a weird version in the new rules, but it's drastically different than it was years ago.

Thanks.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Re: 2016 changes and rewrites

Post by Eli »

Is Chris still playing / gm'ing?

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

good question !
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Chris is no longer at the events GMing or NPCing. Not that he couldn't show up out of the blue though.

As for re-writes, since you have not played in foreveeeer! You would be able to get a full re-write of your character, which includes anything you want to change. Path, Discipline, Race, etc..

As for Items, we just did a full turn in and reissue of tags - So for most any old tags are now dust in the wind. For someone who has not played in 5 years, if you can bring in any tags, they will be replaced with new tags of the same type if possible.

Aside from that, if you have any specific questions - especially regarding Magic Items or special items it would probably be best to handle that at the event.

Hopefully that helps answer any questions you may have.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

So after an event back and the new rules I found a few issues with the way I built my character. Are we allowed to do partial reworks/rewrites?

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

PM one of the GM's - Jared, Mike, Taki, Nick, or Merrick - and explain what you would like to re-write.

We did make unlearning a great deal easier to do, so re-writes are usually fewer and far between. Mind you with the major changes this year I am sure they are going to be lenient.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

The general rule is a player can re write a PC after the fist event they play...as they are just getting to know the rules. While your technically an old fart of a player...it has been 5 years for you so one of the GMs may take pity on your sorry hide...is what Phil is saying I think...but then Phil doesn't like anyone...so don't take it personal...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Something about selling parts of my soul off... worth it.