structure points, magic items, shatter

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

structure points, magic items, shatter

Post by Ark »

so craftsman can repair shattered items, can they repair shattered magic items? I assume obviously if a magic item is shattered it has no effect, but is it gone for good or can it be repaired?

will we be able to tell if something is shattered? what if all my armor got shattered so I walk over and try and sell / trade it to someone else? they would not know unless I told them correct (honor system)?
Last edited by Ark on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: structure points, magic items, shatter

Post by GM-Phil »

A Craftsman will be able to repair anything he can make -

So in regards to Shattered Magic Items, a PC Craftsman would not be able to put one back together. Although you could go on a quest to find an NPC who may have that skill.

In regards to how we will be handling Shattered tags - If you have something shattered (this is the honor system part) - bring that tag to the Plot GM/NPC and either he will have a stamp to mark it Shattered, or he will send you to NPC camp to get it stamped. Then you may bring it with you at a later date to utilize the tag as you see fit.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

any chance on a rough estimate of the structure points of a standard building?

if a craftsman can only repair things they can make does that mean you need to be able to craft basic armor / weapons to be able to repair shattered versions?
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Structure points of buildings have not changed and are in the Main Rulebook - they are not changing at this point.

Your second statement is correct -

To restore a shattered item to its original form a Craftsman would have to be at least level 3 for Basic Items, and Level 4 for Exotic.

To repair Structure Point damage, but not a Shattered item, would only require Craftsman 1
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

alright got it, thanks for clarifications.