Questions on Rule Changes Apr 2016

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Questions on Rule Changes Apr 2016

Post by Zydana »

Item Charges -
Exotic items now have charges. Is there a specific way you want us to indicate how many charges are left on the item (in the event of the item changing hands)? Phil, are you going to design the tags to track charges?

Repairing Shattered items -
If/When a craftsman is able to mend a shattered item, will the item be restored to the number of charges/armor points it had before it was shattered? Example - my exotic item had 2 charges left, but was shattered. I get a craftsman to uhh.."un-shatter it for me. Does the item still only have 2 charges left? (you're going to say that it's probably cheaper to make a new one). What about my "Super cool magic hat" that was shattered last event. My "Super cool magic hat" has 2 charges per event, but one charge was used last event. I finally found someone to fix it for me this event (note that it would have otherwise recharged between events). When the item is fixed, do I have one charge or two?

Spending a permanent life point-
When you use a skill that says you need to spend a permanent life point, do you regain this life point at the end of the event.. or is it ya know, permanent. (last year, some skills said you would regain it at the end of the event, others made no mention. Please clarify. For simplicity's sake, please don't make some skills one way and some the other.. you'll confuse us even more.)

Armor -
Armor (and everything else) now has weight. If phys reped, this weight "can be Phys-Rep’d to reduce or negate Weight" (as said in rules release). Is this the new benefit to "real" armor, or is last year's benefit still in effect as well?
Shatter drops all real Armor to zero. This includes Heavy, Medium, and Light armor. This includes Magic Armor, Exotic Armor and Special Armor.

(Real Armor is Armor where the phys-rep matches its mechanical description. Real Armor would be where Full Plate armor is a phys-rep for Heavy Armor. If Shattered, this armor cannot be destroyed, only dropped to zero.)
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions on Rule Changes Apr 2016

Post by GM-Phil »

Item charges - Each Exotic Item that has charges will be given out with a number of tags corresponding to its charges - when you use a charge, you tear up the tag or turn it into a GM/NPC at the scene. In this way you could also buy 1 Exotic Item, such as a Medical Kit, and share the charges amongst several players.

Repairing Shattered Items - If an Exotic Item that has charges get shattered, I will say for now that if a Craftsman repairs it, it would have the same number of remaining charges it did before being shattered (although I will have to look a little deeper into this, in regards to Charged Exotic items)
As for Magic items - if you did find someone to somehow fix it for you, I would say this, if you fix it the same event you used a charge, then it is restored with 1 charge left. If you get it fixed the next event it will likely have both its charges. - Although more likely since only NPC's could fix Magic Items it will most likely be up the NPC/GM to determine. (if you pay more to get it fixed, then you will likely get the charges..or something like that)

As for Spending a Life Point - I hope to be able to get in and change all the "Permanent Life Point" skills that only last for an event to the same wording of - Reduce your Maximum (LP/EP) by X for the remainder of the event.

As for Armor - I did not see that rule in the book, so I do not even know if that was what Real Armor did last year but I will leave that call to the Armor marshalls and the like - I believe the current ruling for real armor last year was that if the physreps matched the armor category you got +1 Maximum Life Point
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Thanks for the clarification Phil! I like the 1 tag per charge - I see that now on the rules document + how weight is being addressed here too. :D I guess my next question is minimum size for phys reps. Also, there is probably the sticky situation of people potentially using the healer's out of game chip bag as the in game phys-rep for the medical kit (don't do it people!)
Aidan_Mcpryde wrote: As for Armor - I did not see that rule in the book, so I do not even know if that was what Real Armor did last year but I will leave that call to the Armor marshalls and the like - I believe the current ruling for real armor last year was that if the physreps matched the armor category you got +1 Maximum Life Point
No, you wouldn't have seen it in the rule book. It was added late last year (Oct 1, 2015) and announced by Jared here on the forums.

Also a proposal - change name of Anti-Mage to Silencer 8)
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I would have to look closer at each of the Exotic items - but a Tiny sized physrep is I believe what it was last year - will likely stay the same this year.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Sizes!

So our item (exotic items and magic items, etc) physreps should be at least size "tiny" - there is no mention of a size tiny item in the rule book. There is a tiny size weapon though. A tiny size weapon is minimum 12 inches long. If we go by that, a magic ring would need to be at least 12 inches long... a magic orb would be 12 inches in diameter... I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Phil mentioned to me in person, that potion bottles will need to be a minimum of 2oz (I don't see that written anywhere yet though). If it's not too late, is it possible to request that be reduced slightly? I'm requesting minimum of 50mL which is about 1.7 oz. Why am I requesting the change? Many of the giant test tubes we like using as the physreps don't come in 2oz.. which is about 60mL. They cap off at 50mL. With only a 10mL difference, they're still pretty big - they are the size Danni and Wes had been using as potion vial physreps. Pretty please?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

For potions how about if we say - approximately 2oz - see a GM before Game on if your phys-rep is less than 2oz for approval. The more period the phys-rep the more likely the approval.

As for items - I am not sure how best to handle this, there are just so many possibilities, I am not sure if it is possible to make a rule to cover any eventuality. I will keep thinking on it though.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

I'm with Phil in regards to potion size. Approximately 2oz should help to cover the menagerie of potion bottles brought to us. Again, just bring it/them at or around check-in and we'll double check them to be sure.

As far as other phys-rep required items "Tiny" doesn't necessarily stick to the weapon size ruling. Example: I have a magic ring. I've phys-repped said magic ring with a real ring since I received it. Haven't run into too many problems. Magic orbs, crazy necklaces, the skull of your enemy, I'd say the same as potions. Show us what you'd like to use for the phys-rep and we'll let you know as a team.
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Specifically, I'm looking at these http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/sto ... tubes.html
They are 50mL - I'm I'm trying to avoid glass.
Also, I don't want to buy them if they will be rejected... yet, I want to order them with enough time for them to arrive before the event. :)

I'm only poking at Phil on the tiny size item physrep thing because he mentioned it in one of the above posts and how it was used last year, yet there is no size tiny item. There have been some crazy things used as magic item physreps... but overall, I agree that a ring should be physreped as a ring, a necklace as a necklace, as staff as a staff, etc.. However, not all magic items actually say what they are in respect to being a physical thing, and that's where we players get creative! :) I suppose this should be kept in mind when reviewing tags then?
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

Having looked at them and their specs, those should be a-ok Zydana.
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani