Mass Heal

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Lisa
New in Town
New in Town

Mass Heal

Post by GM-Lisa »

I'm just curious about the rules for mass heal and if this is a correct assumption on how I could use Mass Heal.

The rules state:
Mass Heal – Charged skill
This skill may only be used on targets that have greater than or equal to 0 (zero) life. A character may charge for 30 seconds to call 'Heal 1' on up to 3 different targets in a row. The calls must be within 1 second of each other, or the remaining charges are lost. If the character cannot deliver all 3 charges, the unused charges are lost. The character must 'touch' the target to deliver the 'Heal 1' and it may not be delivered through a weapon. This skill acts like a normal charged skill so the character must not move while charging, but may walk, talk, and run without disrupting the skill once it has been charged.

Based on what is written, I would interpret to mean that I could also apply a "heal 3" to one target since its 3 charges on up to 3 different people and doesn't say it has to be different people.

Am I correct in my understanding that Mass Heal can be used on one person for a "heal 3"? If not, can we change the rule to clarify?
Zydana
GM

Re: Mass Heal

Post by Zydana »

No. It's right there.
A character may charge for 30 seconds to call 'Heal 1' on up to 3 different targets in a row
Key word there is "different." 3 different targets can not be the same target twice or even three times. Different by definition can not equal the same. I don't think it needs better clarification.
Last edited by Zydana on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Also, if hitting the same target for heal 1 three times in a row or one heal 3 in this manner would make the basic path specialty, "improved healing" obsolete.
GM-Lisa
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GM-Lisa »

Okay, that's fine. I interpret it differently when it says "up to 3 different targets" to mean it could be spread out to three different targets but that's good to know and I was just curious because I'm trying to memorize the rules and get more familiar with everything so I feel more confident at the next game to say "no it means this" since the last game I had to get clarification during game from GMs and even a few other healers at times needed it over another issue we had with surgery and when to pull chips which was resolved in game this past weekend.

Thanks Zydana!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Getting off the mass heal topic here but..

Always feel free to ask questions! Remember that no one person knows all the rules (not even the GMs). We all goof - it just happens. There are a lot of rules and the rules have changed sooo many times since I started playing, it's easy to get them mucked up sometimes. I encourage you to try to read the rule book from cover to cover in the off season (perhaps not in one sitting). There is A LOT of stuff crammed in there. Also be aware that during the off season is when rules are tweaked, reworded or changed completely. You can check the forums often during that time if you wish to get involved with the (sometimes heated) discussions and be up to date on changes and clarifications.

As for the clarification of "different" in the mass heal wording, when I say, "I don't think it needs better clarification," I could be the only one to think that way - there may be others that find it confusing (and I hope they would bring it to attention), which if is indeed the case, it can be reworded to something more clear.

Also, when a player answers a question here, there's a chance they are wrong in their answer (unfortunately it happens when answering questions at the game too). I am a player here. In the case a player gives an incorrect answer on the forums, usually a GM will step in to give a final ruling.

Whether you have a question answered during the game by a player or GM, is always best to consult the rule book after to make sure those answers match up. If they don't, post it here to get the clarification. There may be other players who may not understand a rule written as intended.

Also, I'm Angela. Most people call me Angie. I play Kami. :D

(the longer post is probably due to me having access to a computer and not sending replies from my phone)