Potions: Recipes and Cookbooks?

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Potions: Recipes and Cookbooks?

Post by Torakhan »

Sooo, it may be spelled out in the rules, but I couldn't find it, so I'm asking here. I'll start with two for now:

1) Do Brewers have access to brew all basic/advanced/master potion recipes*, or do they have to go in search of the recipes in-game and have the recipes they know be tagged in some way?

(*excluding the specialized brewer, and special potions that require special components, etc.)

2) Say I have 6 potion slots. Do I choose which 6 I brew at check-in, or do I just brew any 6 I want during the game (so long as I meet their requirements, of course.)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Potions: Recipes and Cookbooks?

Post by GM-Phil »

If you have the Normal Level 2 Brewer skill - you have access to all potions in the book - Basic, Advanced. Once they pick up Brewer Level 4 they gain access to all the Master potions in the book.

If you take the Level 2 Swap out skill then you choose 4 Basic and 4 Advanced potions out of the book, and those are the only Basic and Advanced potions you know (but you gain a free permanent potion at check in). If you pick up Level 4 Brewer then you gain access to all the Master potions in the book.

As for brewing potions - At check in, if you have 6 brewing slots and the appropriate alchemical components you can choose all your potions then, and once more after Game break.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

what if a PC buys the 4 levels of Brewer, and then also buy the swap out?

Do they just pick 4 Basic and 4 Advanced potions and just gain a free permanent potion at check in from that selection? do they get extra brews form that selection?

tellmetellmetellmetellme....
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Has this ever been answered?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I'll post on this and because I do, Phil will swoop in and tell me I'm wrong. Here goes...

They would have indicated a list of 4 Basic & 4 Advanced potions they can choose from for the potion they are given at game on. They may have the ability to brew all Basic, Advanced, and Master potion, but would still need to somehow indicate their list of 8 per the level 2 swap-out skill. They would still be granted the 3 slots from the swap out skill giving a brewer with all 5 levels a total of 9 brew slots.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

"Philip Stillson: If you pick up all the levels of Brewer, and the swap out then you do cancel out the negative. So you would then have access to all potions in the book, plus an extra perm potion at check in"
Sir Kaylan Chargeender