magus hhunter

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

magus hhunter

Post by Abaddon »

scortch is a 2nd level swap out in tribal protector.

give magus hunter, that as a swap out instead of sense essence. then give disenchant back to magushunter.

also, magus hunter should be in savage too. it used to be and there is no good reason not to.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Vivac
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: magus hhunter

Post by Vivac »

I second this.

1- Enchant weapon

2- Vigor

2- Scorch

3- Disenchant

4- Resist Magic
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

this might do more harm then good, but I agree with that.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Joe
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Joe »

witch hunter which is the precursor to magus hunter wasnt savage before the change it was common only i only know this because Urk was a witch hunter
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

I think he is right Travis, I have copies of 2012, 2010, 2004, 2003 rule books and witch hunter isn't savage in any of them.

I don't see why is cant be though.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

shows what i know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

to be fair, you do have all the magical mechanics and history of the FH universe stored up there...
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

Wow, I never even noticed that under Tribal Protector. There's isn't even 'Magic Scorch.' That makes me even more upset about the changes to Witch Hunter. If we can get that version of Which Hunter I'll even give in and start calling it Mage Hunter.

1. Enchant Weapon
2. Punishing Blow
2. (SO) Sense Essence
3. Disenchant
4. Resist Magic

Please...
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Sorry for my hiatus. Will probably make a post about that in the near future.

Anyway, we are meeting tonight and this will be one of the topics of conversation. Just so you understand our point of view as to why the skills are at different levels, the current mage hunter skill that allows you to swing for magic scorch and does not cost a life point is believed by us to be much better than the ability to append scorch to a call for a life point as the former skill surges (cannot be parried) and the latter one does not (and thus has to hit life points to work and can be parried). With our current vision of the game moving forward, we consider scorch to be one of the more powerful effects in the game (and much better than disenchant--again our opinion). Just making sure you are lobbying for this in order to get disenchant back in the discipline. Note that I'm not opposed to this--I'm not convinced it's better (or stronger) than the current version, but I'm not opposed.
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

Getting disenchant back into the discipline is definitely why I'm lobbying for this, not sure about anyone else. :)
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

pffft, abaddon does not even use his own essence points for spells, he has cult mem. . .minio. . .people for that :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

I don't think the argument is that is better. I think the argument is m=magus hunters just want disenchant. :)

I can see both arguments but the buff bouncing and magic item snuffing power of disenchant makes it the better choice for fighting a wide variety of magical foes.