vorpal damage, knockout and tiny weapons

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

notsabbat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

vorpal damage, knockout and tiny weapons

Post by notsabbat »

so...after a conversation with my roommate last night I have some questions.
Can knockout be dilivered with vorpal damage? If yes, then since vorpal bypasses armor does it need to be any more than 1 vorpal knockout? it says knockout needs to be delivered by a tiny weapon. does a throwing dagger count?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

What kind of vorpal damage? the assassin? Yes. because it says it can be added but most times you can't/(like breaking a weapon) becausr you can't stack them.

does it have to be one? here's kicker, it could be be ZERO and it would still work.

Can you deliver it via throwing knife? IF and only if it's TAGGED knife. (you can;t throw it, no.)
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

you may ask "can you do a 0 knockout?"

answer is no its not a skill, its a clever workaround so that if a warrior parry/avoud blow to drop the damage of a "3 vorpal knockout" they are still sleeping on the ground.

by the way i beilve assassin and valkyn'vi are the only ones capable of a vorpal knockout? correct me if im wrong.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Assassin and Valkyn'vi are the only ones I know of that can add vorpal to a Knockout call, yes.

As for how much it is, it could be as little as 1 Vorpal knockout (the smallest call in the game) - but even if that is reduced to a 0 (zero) Vorpal Knockout it would still affect the target.

As for what it can be delivered with, the skills you are using should let you know how big a weapon you can use. The weapon being used does need to be a tagged weapon as well.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
notsabbat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by notsabbat »

I havent checked all of the abilities, but all the rogue knockouts and sage say tiny sized weapons.

ok, so you can basically just call vorpal knockout to blow through armor and knock people out; however you can only do that with an ability that amends an attack with vorpal. So...unless they say they combine they dont. The guthrie thrown weapon ability to do 1 vorpal will not stack with knockout then right?
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

notsabbat wrote:ok, so you can basically just call vorpal knockout to blow through armor and knock people out; however you can only do that with an ability that amends an attack with vorpal. So...unless they say they combine they dont. The guthrie thrown weapon ability to do 1 vorpal will not stack with knockout then right?

That is correct
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
notsabbat
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by notsabbat »

cool, thanks.