Questions, questions...always with the questions.

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

To clarify and this is in the rule wording - Iron FIsts is the skill that matters here (and also Drunken Brawling to a lesser degree) - these are the skills that allow you to block with a Fist Phys-rep. If at any time a player starts blocking shots with his actual hands and says he takes no damage I would pull him aside and talk to him about safety.

All the discussion here is focused on the actual Fist Physrep -

If you block a Shatter with a Fist physrep and do not have Iron Fists or Drunken Brawling then any armor you are wearing is Shattered. (If you are not wearing armor or it is Shattered alreadsy it is a moot point)

If you Block a Shatter with a Fist physrep and you do have Iron Fists or Drunken Brawling then nothing happens as your Fist is now considered a Weapon and is Immune to Shatter.

Shatter is very clear about what it affects when -

I agree Iron Fists could be alrified better that now that their fists are considered weapons they are Immune to Shatter.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Lets say you are wearing armor and you are hit in the hand with shatter. Would your armor be affected?
Yes Chris, according to the rules , the armor would be shattered...as per the rule book as it stands.
Shatter – LP skill/Reload
An Empath is able to summon forth the energies required to shatter weapons, armor, and shields. The Empath must spend 1 Life Point and then throw a packet calling "Shatter”. If the Shatter is blocked by a natural weapon that has a skill that can block weapons then nothing happens, if you do not have a skill that can block weapons then your armor is destroyed. After using Shatter, the Empath must rest and reload the skill for 10 uninterrupted seconds before throwing another Shatter. Note that the Empath can move and perform all other actions without resting, but they may use no other skills while reloading.
If your fist phys rep is hit and you are not wearing armor or your armor is already shattered..
didnt see anything about armor already shattered in anything I posted, did I miss it elsewhere?
It does not state anything beyond that.
Is it possible your using just the Main ruyle book to mak ethat statement and not the supplement? The H&V rules are very specific.
Show me where it says I can't use a weapon smaller than 18 inches. The rulebook currently states that a tiny weapon is anywhere from 12 - 18 inches.
Kiel I think he is speaking of a rules change that it seems hasnt actualy made it to the altered text in the rule book stage that was based of a converstion with the GMs years back about an actual study of LARPing combat that found evidence that anything smaller than 18" in the hand make the targets mind percieve it as a punch/hand attack and react differently and often unsafely. I think thats what he means.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

If I am hit by shatter than I am going to take the effects listed under the call shatter in the core rulebook. A player should not need to know the difference between empath shatter and the standard shatter call. I think that maybe a little clean up on the skill may be in order for the off season.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

But Kiel, if a player chose to ignore the rules as they are listed ...no matter where they are listed, thats cheating.
Its a small part of why I was pointing it out. That and since I have the drunken Brawl, I wanted to be clear...so that I wasnt using a skill wrong....again :wink:

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Looking it over I do agree the wording of Shatter and skills need to be cleared up and put in line with each other. I will put that on my edit list.

I think at this moment if there are questions about calls the GM's can make field calls if necessary, but I have answered Brian's questions.

if not please let me know what is not clear.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

No Phil, you did. I was mostly poking fun at Kiel, since last event he had to point out a mistake I was making because I hadnt done a full read on a skill.

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Well that will teach you... yeah right.. haha

And didn't anyone ever tell you not to poke a Kiel, they are dangerous creatures.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I bought a charm off Barry that wards them off he said...so I am all good...

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

That'll teach ya to trust that Barry guy.. sheesh.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!