Town Member
Town Member

Skill Synergy

Post by Todd »

2x Resist Fear = Fear Immunity
2x Resist Poison = Poison Immunity

2x Bow = point sink
3x Bow = point sink +

Now I didnt go thru every combination, but I did run into overlap in 'shield' and 'bow' specifically.

Has there been any thought about synergies for these skills?

~the Lunatic fringe~
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Was told that the man at arms "shield" skill had no extra effect if taken more than once. Id have opted for shatter resist, considering there is no defence any other way.

Also have not heard any benefit to USE SHIELD bought more than once. Maybe a resist disarm if used on the shield? Though MOST shield users think will be a warrior i think, and parry does that.
http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5498

Was not aware there was a benefit for having use bow three times. Any way other than warrior, archer, hunter gatherer?
Twice adds damage as if it was a "bow focus".
http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5647
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I never even realized that Use Bow could be taken three times, only two. Although I know that use Bow twice is a great stack, because at full power an archer can do a ranged "10 vorpal", I think, without taking things like a heavy crossbow into consideration.

I don't think use shield needs to stack. Shields are pretty darn good already, especially with the skills that buff them.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

its 9 vorpal unless your using a crossbow, then its 10.

what skills "buff" a shield?

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I believe he is referring to Man at Arms and Dwarf that double the Shield destruction - and possibly the Wealth level "Resist" Shatter skill, or the Defender "Resist" Shatter skill.

While the Resist Shatter is not just a Shield skill I see it being very useful for those that use them.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

ah...was unaware of the defender resist shatter. Not sure how I missed that.

Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Having Use Bow more than twice offers no additional benefit. It indicates that if you have Use bow twice your base damage is increased to 2 Vorpal.

You cannot disarm shields.

Description of Disarm

If any part of your character, including equipment and shields is hit with a disarm, you must throw the weapon you are currently carrying at least two feet to the right or left of your body. If you are wielding more than one weapon, the weapon in your main hand is disarmed.

I just wanted to clarify those two things to aid the discussion. I actually do think there should be a minor benefit to having Use Shield twice.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

ah...most be thinking my old system.

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

just one of the thousands of paper cuts the rules are bleeding to death from :P
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Actually I would like to say that over the past year the rules have solidified very nicely - Some of the problems casued was my editing job and I take responsibility for that.

the rest such as Brian is asking about are things that just got overlooked or did not have time to be discussed before the new play year.

With people like Brian to pick apart the skills and books next year should make for a very clear book. Especially if the editing is done better..hehe.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I am willing to help you with the editing ...so I just ordered a special bull whip and computer desk shackles online so I have the tools to aid you properly Phil....
:twisted:

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

excellent..I think.. :shock:
Hi.. I'm Aidan!