theoretical skill ideas: Disciple's and Ward's

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

theoretical skill ideas: Disciple's and Ward's

Post by Ark »

note that i dont expect any of this to happen but i like thinking up interesting and new ideas and see thoughts on em. so here we go.

So i like to think of different ideas that brake up the standard swing 1, a count for more damage, etc. style of skills and gameplay we have,
but that are not to crazy and complex and allow people to be a little more different.

master level warrior prgresion
Combat reflexes
Fortitude
Parry
Disciple*

rage would join weapon spec as a swap out skill

master level warrior skill Disciple

*can only choose one Disciple, once a disciple is chosen the warrior cannot change it, this should define your character and how they fight*

**Disciple of Mountains: you are as sturdy and imovable as the earth itself, nothing can move you.
-grants use shield, immunity to press, and +5 shield health

**Disciple of the Storm: you are as fast and lethal as storm, you strike fast against your enemy.
-connot use a shield or two weapons ever, subtract 1 damage from every melee attack made against you down to a minimum of 1 damage, +1 weapon focus with held weapon, does not stack with other forms of weapon focus.

**Disciple of the Firestorm: you burn with the intensity of a fire, and will destroy all that lay before you.
-grants the use of two weapons, cannot use a shield ever, immune to disarm, grants the taunt skill.

**Disciple of the Oceans: you can move and adabt as the waters of the world, you are ready for anything.
-grants use bow, use shield, use two weapons, +1 life

next on the list is Wards. i will not pretend that i did not get the idea from Skyrim, the idea of some form of magical shield or barrior that could allow a caster the posibility of melee combat or more interesting mage battles is a pretty cool concept.

Ward would be constructed like shields but have some identifiable marker, its pretty hard to hide a glowing shield of energy.
wards would be charged until complete and passive once complete, and require the use shield skill.

Level 1 ward would be a basic skill.
30 second charge time, disenchant removes ward.
reduce all melee attacks by 1 damage to a minimum of 3 damage.
reduce all channel damage by 5 to a minimum of 5 damage.

Level 2 ward would be a advanced skill.
45 second charge time, disenchant removes ward.
reduce all melee attacks by 2 damage to a minimum of 2 damage.
reduce all channel damage by 10 to a minimum of 4 damage.

Level 3 ward would be a master skill.
60 second charge time, disenchant removes ward.
reduce all melee attacks by 3 damage to a minimum of 1 damage.
reduce all channel damage by 15 to a minimum of 3 damage.

The idea behind wards is you are always going to take some damage, but you can mitigate alot of it to a fairly reasonable degree.