Pending Rule Changes 2012

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Pending Rule Changes 2012

Post by cole45 »

we have a list of pending WH rule changed over at WH.

http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... f=8&t=2712
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Continers:
To be sure I understand them as they are written, do they hold ADDITIONAL rescources over what a PC can carry without skill or perk modification; or do they determine the MAX a PC can carry without skill or perk modification?

For example, can a PC carrying thier standard 3 invest in a class one backpack and now carry 9(since class one is listed as up to six( or can the PC simply now carry 6 total?

Vaults:
General rules –
1. A Vault must be the same size as the Building it is being built in, unless GM permission is acquired that says otherwise.
I dont follow the logic behind this, can this be clarified.

Weapon construction:
There are skills that talk about small weapon size catagory, but still no parameters on the construction chart. I assume where the chart lists "tiny" its meant to refer to small, but that then means there are no coonstruction size guide lines for tiny weapons such as fists.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Containers - the number listed is the max you can carry with the container, not additional.

Vaults - the part about it being the same size is a general rule, so people know what to expect - not to say you cannot try and build a different sized Vault under a building - or somewhere else - that is what the "Special Building" rules are for - in those cases working out something with the GM is your best bet. The rules in the book are just meant to be a standard guidline.

As for Weapon sizes - I asked around and could not get a reply as to if the weapons size list in the rulebook is accurate - as of right now I assume it is - if it is not we can make an errata later for what the correct sizes and listing are.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Vaults - the part about it being the same size is a general rule, so people know what to expect - not to say you cannot try and build a different sized Vault under a building - or somewhere else - that is what the "Special Building" rules are for - in those cases working out something with the GM is your best bet. The rules in the book are just meant to be a standard guidline.
So ...if I want to build a stone building thats 20 x 20, with a vauls...the vault has to be 20 x 20..... how the heck do you get into the building to get TO the vault? Where do I sleep? Whats the logic behind this?

As for Weapon sizes - I asked around and could not get a reply as to if the weapons size list in the rulebook is accurate - as of right now I assume it is - if it is not we can make an errata later for what the correct sizes and listing are.
Either the tiny weapon on the size chart is supposed to read small, and the tiny weapon dimentions are missing OR the dimentions for small weapons is missing...since the rules state there is a small weapon size thats larger than a tiny/fist sized weapon.

I guess another possibility is fists are meant to be tiny sized and can be upgraded to short(which IS on the list)

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

As for Vaults - Buildings are no longer dimension based - they are more open sized - Small, Medium, Large, Special.

Also it is intended tht most vaults are underground.. this may not be the case for your buidling.. The rules are meant to give a guidline for players and Gm's to come up with something together, but give the player some idea of what it might cost. Since there are not many buildings built in-game being overly specific seemed a detriment to the system, and we are hoping being more open will encourage the construction of more buildings.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The beginning of that post on the WH boards is misleading. We don't believe that that there will be different rules for the different chapters.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I can get behind not basing the building size on hard dimentions since different camps have different buildings...it makes sense. What DOESNT make sense is saying the vault HAS to be the same size as the building. That means if I have a large building at a camp I use as my PCs fort (say a 50 x 50 cabin), that my only option is a large vault. Why? Why cant I chose to have a small vault there...and another small vault hidded elsewhere? I can see grading vaults by size, but see no logic forcing them to be the same size as the building they are attached to. I dont even see wht a small building cant have the largest vault. Mayne Kaylan wants a bat cave foir his bat chariot....
The system forces a connection based on size and I dont see the logic behind that. I think the vault should be a totaly seperate consideration.

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Do I understand correctly that if I cover the costs of level 3 wealthy I can pick one benefit from each of level 1, 2, AND 3?

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

is rogue crit strike coming back down to 3 per level yet. . .anyone. . .didnt think so :(
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Brian - you are correct on Wealthy
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

*takes all takis rescources*

Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

*stabs Brian in the back as he makes his get-away*
*returns half to Taki saying Brian must have hidden them before i got there*
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

friggan rogues...

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6ZSaR ... WG0zVEp2UQ

And here is the Heroes and Villains Expansion update -

have at Brian
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Sooo...whaddya tryin to say Phil...lol

Already tracked it down and looking it over for "whatsthis" issues. Making a short list just havent had time to devote to it in depth like it should have.