Kertum Lightsworn Character sheet!

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Kertum Lightsworn Character sheet!

Post by Kertum Lightsworn »

Hey guys, I am going to post the character sheet for my character "Kertum Lightsworn" I just opened up a word pad and made my own type of Character sheet. Feel free to leave suggestions and/or say things I missed.

Name - Kertum Lightsworn

Age - 18

Alignment : Privaleged

Path - Healer

Life Points - 1 (+1 for being Privaleged)

Armor points - 4 (+1 if using shield)

Inventory -

1) Armor (1 full suit, including helmet, Light armor.)
2) Weapon
3) 15 upkeep tags (one year)
4) 3 food, 2 supplies, 1 cloth. (1 events worth or resources for survival.)

Discipline - Arcanist (Since I get to pick wizard skills, I must brew and cast wizard spells in LIGHT ARMOR.)

(The Arcanist is adept at manipulating the magical energies inherent in all
things in order to create amazing effects. This is a lesser version of the Wizard path. All
restrictions to that path and the effects also apply to the discipline.

Leve1 1: Basic Wizard Effect
The Arcanist may pick 1 basic Wizard effect.

Level 2: Basic Wizard Effect
The Arcanist may pick 1 basic Wizard effect.

Level 3: Advanced Wizard Effect
The Arcanist may pick 1 advanced Wizard effect.

Level 4: Master Wizard Effective
The Arcanist may pick 1 Master Wizard effect. Alternatively, you may instead choose
one advanced and one basic Wizard effect.)

Each new Discipline costs more than the one before it to represent the difficulty of becoming an expert
in several areas. The second level of your first Discipline costs 20 points, the third level costs 30
points and the fourth level costs 40 points. The second Discipline you get has the following
costs: 20 for first level, 40 for second, 70 for third, and 80 for fourth. Your third Discipline costs:
20 for first, 45 for second, 100 for third, and 125 for fourth. The fourth and subsequent
Disciplines cost 30 for first, 55 for second, 100 for third and 125 for fourth.

Skills :

First Aid-Timed (Basic) -
With the First Aid skill, the healer may heal the target for up to 3 life points. The First Aid skill
can only be used on a target that is in critical life (Below 0 life points) and can never be used to
raise the target's life point total beyond 0. First Aid takes one minute to perform during which
time the target stops bleeding to death. If at the end of the minute the target is still in critical life,
they continue their count to bleed to death where they left off. See page 88 for more information
about bleeding to death.

With the First Aid skill, the healer may also assess the condition of a patient that is in negative
life. The healer simply touches the target and says "First Aid: What is your current life point
total?” This question is considered an out of game question and must be answered truthfully by
the patient.

First Aid can also be used to speed up the natural healing process. By spending five minutes with
a target, the time it takes them to naturally heal is cut in half. If the target takes any damage
during the natural healing time, the effect of first aid is lost and they must naturally heal at the
standard rate. See page 88 for more information about Natural Healing. This skill is restricted to
medium armor.

Healing-Timed (Basic) -
This skill may only be used on targets that have greater than or equal to zero life. It takes 2
uninterrupted minutes to heal half of the damage, rounded down, which was inflicted upon an
individual. For example, if a character is five life points below their maximum total, it would
take the healer two minutes to heal two of that character’s life points (half of five rounded
down). If healing is stopped after that time and later resumed on the same character, in two
minutes only an additional one point can be healed (half of three rounded down). The healer may
choose to spend 4 uninterrupted minutes to heal a target back to their maximum life point total.
This skill is restricted to medium armor.

Extrend Life (Basic) -
This skill allows the Healer to temporarily stabilize a target that is in negative life for up to three
minutes. The Healer needs to spend a life point and have someone stay with the patient, but not
necessarily the Healer himself or herself. The person left with the patient must stay in contact
with the patient for the full three minute duration. If the Healer is not involved then he/she must
tell the stabilizer that if they cease what they are doing then the patient instantly dies. Unless
other treatment is resumed by the time the three minutes are up the injured character dies
immediately. This skill is restricted to medium armor.

Cure Disease (Basic) -
It takes an uninterrupted five minutes to cure a patient of disease, during which time the healer
must be tending to the patient.

SKILL GOTTEN FROM ARCANIST LEVEL 1 :

Lesser Flame storm -
Time to cast: 1 minute
Reload time: 1 minute
1 foot must remain planted, but you can then rotate in any direction. You can throw a packet for
1 damage for as long as you have packets. If you are interrupted you take 1 point of damage.

The wizard may stop this anytime, but when you do then you take 1 LP of damage.

Essence Boon :

Lesser Channel-
A character with this boon can summon forth the energy around them and fling it at a target,
thereby causing damage. It takes an uninterrupted 10 seconds to charge this skill. Once you
begin charging and until the packet is thrown, you must hold the spell packet in the air so others
can see what you are doing—it is hard to hide a big ball of energy! Once the skill is charged you
can use no other skills nor perform any actions except walking, talking, or running until the skill
is used. The damage from this skill is delivered through the use of a “spell packet” (See page 95)
and ‘3 Magic’ must be called when the packet hits the target. Lesser channel can be used in
conjunction with other Channel skills and is restricted to Light Armor.

The Golden Rule -

The Max Soak (Life Points and Armor combined) - 45
Max non-active skill related single weapon melee damage - 5
Max non-active skill related dual weapon melee damage - 3
Max active skill related melee damage - 35
Max active skill related thrown packet/missile damage - 35
Max non-active skill related thrown packet/missile damage - 4
Max (non-trap related) Lash attack - 5

Kertum Lightsworn Background :

Kertum came from a household that wielded the parents that were not the best. His mother and father also came from a household themselves that was filled with drunks and abusive relateives. Ever since a young boy he has been beaten and filled with regret for even being born. It seemed to him that his only purpous in like was too be a meat punching bag for a drunken brawler. Everyone that lived around him was the same, Getting beaten for things that was not true and sometimes things that did not even happen. Except there was something about this boy that made him nothing like the others. since about age 8 he had been mixing chemicals and mixing parts of things to make certain "Elixers". Some called them "Potions". He hid his Elixers and bottles in a secret drawer that was hidden in the nook of his bed. He did not only have a special ability to make these potions, but also the power to heal his wounds that would be inflicted on him. At age 15 he had gotten fed up with the grueling punishments he would get for no reason and began packing his satchels, bags, and potions up to leave the house. While his parents were asleep he opened the door, and then began his new life.
"Being showered in your enemies bloodshed is a sure sign of revenge."
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Couple of things I see...

1. Need to pick a Race - this grants you 1 additional Life Point as well as determining any Costuming requirements your character may need - For note Human have no Costuming requirements, whereas all other races do and also have access to a Racial only Discipline.

2. A shield does not grant any armor points - it allows you to block incoming blows, except for Crush attacks and also increase your armor Category by one - this means that if you are wearing armor that counts as "Light Armor", when wielding a shield you would be considered to be wearing "Medium Armor".

3. You do not need to buy "Upkeep Tags" with you Starting points - these are obsolete now and no longer used. I would suggest buying something else - perhaps some starting potions - Basic potions cost 2 pts., Advanced potions cost 4 pts., and Master potions cost 6 pts.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Name - Kertum Lightsworn

Lifestyle: Privaleged

Path - Healer:

First Aid-Timed (Basic) -

Healing-Timed (Basic) -

Extrend Life (Basic) -

Cure Disease (Basic) -

Discipline - Arcanist

Lesser Flame storm -

Essence Boon:

Lesser Channel

LIFE POINTS:

Here are the places you get LP from (put your likely starting numbers in red to the right based off what you presented:

>[+1]....................... Race (assuming Human at this point).... 1
>[+0 or more]........... Path..................................................... 0
>[+1 or more]........... Discipline(s).......................................... 0
>[+1/2/3].................. Lifestyle............................................... 1
>[+1]........................ Suitable Racial Costuming .................... 1
>[+1]........................ Real/Suitable Armor Physrep................. 1
>[+1]........................ Suitable Costume.................................. 1
>[ varies with level].... Level.................................................... 0

TOTAL...................................................................................... 5
2. A shield does not grant any armor points - it allows you to block incoming blows, except for Crush attacks and also increase your armor Category by one - this means that if you are wearing armor that counts as "Light Armor", when wielding a shield you would be considered to be wearing "Medium Armor".
But with the skills your thinking of taking, you coul dwear the leather, fight wit hthe shield, and set it down when using those skills. Nothing wring with that.

Inventory -

>Armor (1 full suit, including helmet, Light armor.)
>Weapon
>3 food, 2 supplies, 1 cloth. (1 events worth or resources for survival.)

a spare weapon isnt a bad idea, mystic rescources are a good idea if you end up with magic items as thats how you recharge the rechargable ones most often, mini uzi (but they are REAL hard to find...unless your Corbyn), basic heal potions (cost 2 starting points) are always handy...

Kertum Lightsworn Background :
I didnt repost since its best to keep the details hiddden from the other players until you reveal them in game., otherwise it would be like elijah walking around with a t shirt with your life story written on it for everyone toread and know.

Now, since you're looking for help creating one that will work and be playable and not to complex, PMing the history to a GM or several and getting feedback is good.
Aslo, I am sure there is an English teacher in your school with some creative writing skills, or into things like like plays...Shakespeare...Tolkien. Id wager they would be willing, if not tickled to help you write a history for your PC that was solid, playable and interesting as well as well written. They like seeing students working on such hobbies. Just tell them what your doing and why you need the backstory, heck they might even want to try LARPing too.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hmm, I am trying to pick a race. I dont really wanna be human because I am already that in real life. I kind of wanted to be the Tsunataur I believe they are called. What is a good race for a caster?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Races have little effect on class choices. This is intentional.

Elf has a channel effect in the discipline, but it boils down to playing what you want for RP, and not mechanical reasons.
Travis Cole
Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Ohh okay, So if I was a Ga'vin Healer that would be fine? Even those are meant to be Warriors?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

warriors need healers man. :) maybe more.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

why are ga vyn warriors?

your back ground story is a human story and would not fit other races well and definitely not gavyn. It would fit a half race or adopted by a human family.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Alright! I will stick with the human race! :P Would you like me to NPC next event Chris?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

the one day? sure
Chris
Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Alright! Figured that since it is my first day I should offer to NPC.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

I know that NPC'ing can be a useful way to learn the rules, but I've come to the opinion that new players should avoid NPC'ing. Having played for several years before NPC'ing, I can say that the immersion I felt changed once I stepped behind the curtain. I wouldn't trade those early games for anything, and I think our player base is more than capable of showing a new person the ropes.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Kertum Lightsworn
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Oh okay, Well it is all up to the GM's what they would like me to do. I personally would like to PC, but whatever they would like. :)
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I to would suggest Pc'ing first. You will gain and learn a great deal more about how to play your character from PC'ing and being an NPC.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah PC we dont care either way. PC'ing is fun, NPC'ing is tiring.
Chris