Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Mechanics of Wilderness Survival?

Post by Garritt »

Hey everybody, I have a question.

Aside from the tags you get at check-in, is there any mechanical in-game benefit to the "halves travel time" part of Wilderness Survival?

Was there ever one, or has there ever been a thought to describe one?

I think it would be cool to have something exist.

Like for instance, how about something kind of like the Valken'Vi skill that resets the scene? But instead, if you are alone as a PC (or all other PC there have the skill) and are ambushed by NPC monsters, you can somehow force the NPCs to only be able to walk in-game, while you are free to run?

Or something as simple as the half travel time translating into using the scout skill in 7 1/2 minutes, not 15? Like how a valken'Vi can drop time from their Investigate.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

When I first started playing it redueced the time of travel in between events or if you were sent on a mission where travel was OOG during an event. Not sure if its still the same.

For example, your sent to send a message to the Mighty wizard TIM so he will come aid the town to kill Noble (just cause we dont like Noble)...ANYHOW...

The GM tells you its a 3 hour trip one way, you tell him you have wilderness survival and the trip only takes 90 minutes one way. Thats the way it USED to work. But at least we still get to kill Noble...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

yes there are benifits, and if your tricky you will figure them out, i really liked that aspect of the skill :)
Atreus
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Atreus »

Love the example Brian :fist: lol