Healer...

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Healer...

Post by Grimm »

I couldn't help but notice that Steady Hands, and the path specialty skill Improved Healing are pretty much the exact same thing. In a system where we have so few skills... perhaps it should be looked at when we have duplication? This seems silly to me.

Grimmorie, Highborn of the Tempest, Knight of Star Strewn Seas, and Seraphim Captain of the Incorruptible Truth
Formerly of Bedlam, lost of Moon Descending
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

steady hand is a tiny bit better, but I can not say I don't disagree.

At least you don't need improved healing, can take steady hands MUCH earlier, and you can take improved cure disease.

but...yah.
Travis Cole
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Again... when we have SO few possible skills in this game, it seems silly to duplicate things. It pretty much leaves a healer with only the option of taking improved cure disease. Not horrible... but it should be looked at.

Grimmorie, Highborn of the Tempest, Knight of Star Strewn Seas, and Seraphim Captain of the Incorruptible Truth
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

I hit the same sort of problem, but with the main path skills for my new healer for this next event.

"Soothe" isn't that great of a skill (if ever there is even a time it's even useful at all), when taken with the other basic healer skills, but I HAVE to loose a basic healer skills to be bought later, or else I'm absolutely forced to take an 'evil' skill as one of my Master Skills. It's either Drain/Steal Life, or Torture. Bleh.

Which pretty much sucks when you are playing a 'good' character. Plus, for being prerequisites, 'Soothe' and 'Charm: Calm' really have nothing in common other than they are synonyms but don't actually do similar effect (or even use similar mechanics) at all.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I think a specialization to allow a packed driven heal based on the transference skill would be awesome
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

I would totally take Charm: Calm anyway if I didn't have to take Soothe. Who cares, let 'em run for ten seconds.

Or maybe I could "Self-Soothe, like an infant, lol.

My idea for a master healer skill was always:

Battle Healer: As a healer you are strong and courageous, wading into the front lines to give comfort and support to your fellow troops. *This skill removes all armor restrictions for healer path and paladin discipline skills.

So you could totally be the "Paladin" archetype, wearing heavy armor with sword and shield.
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

I LOVE your idea, CJ. A packet heal would also be kick ass. ^_^

Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

As an expansion skill (in my mind), it would certainly balance out the obviously evil "become a vampire" master healer skill.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

as a test at SH we gave a healer or two the ability to charge and throw heals (like empath booms) i belive it was heal 2, heal 4, and heal 6. or something like that. . .it was fairly fun :)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I was thinking either double charge time that transference has and 1LP for 1LP of heal OR 2LP for 1LP of heal.

First option favors the Players, second the NPCs since the first can heal players full or near full. Second isnt as likely to do so.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

For the record, I've found soothe to be *extremely* useful with wild animals.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

True, but that ability could also be blanketed by Charm: Calm, as that's what the name first gives an image of.

Or Soothe could be a skill, but not a prerequisite for Charm: Calm.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Charm - calm doesn't stop an animal from attacking - just limits the damage done. Soothe will usually end the fight.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Oops, sorry, I misspoke myself when I said that.

I meant that the ability to calm frenzy-ing NPC's could just be added to the ability of Charm: Calm, and Soothe eliminated.

Then Charm: Calm could do either, depending on the NPC. It could end the fight completely on some/most, or if that certain NPC isn't able to be stopped completely, then the second part kicks in, and at least their damage is mitigated to just "1".