Number of potions with labs

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Number of potions with labs

Post by Grimdog »

I'm sure that it's probably been answered, but some of these posts cover a vast number of areas even about a single path/discipline so I was trying to save myself sometime with more direct topics on specific things.

Disclaimer in place now onto my question:

I was a bit confused when the rules read:

Multiple people can utilize the same phys-repped alchemy lab if the owner OK's it, but each person needs their own tag.

1. This just means the phy-rep? In game we each own our own lab correct?

So here is my real question...

I see with labs let me make more potions based upon the lab's level. Can I use someone's actual lab as well (tag not physrep.) OR can I buy two or more labs (tags) to make more and more potions? Like could I have 10 or 20 basic labs and be able to brew up to 4 additional basic potions of my choice at 5 minutes per potion for as many times as I have labs? In theory I could spend the entire game in a lab brewing and selling basic potions. And since basic labs are free and the potions you can make with them are free it'd be cost free, well other than my time at 5 minutes per potions.

I could be like this little hermit gnome sitting in my alchemy lab brewing all the time. Well that's if gnomes were a playable race. (Different topic, sry to deviate).
Hmm, what?
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Multiple people can utilize the same phys-repped alchemy lab if the owner OK's it, but each person needs their own tag.
It is my understanding that multiple players can use a single lab tag. GMs, please correct me if I am wrong.
I see with labs let me make more potions based upon the lab's level. Can I use someone's actual lab as well (tag not physrep.) OR can I buy two or more labs (tags) to make more and more potions? Like could I have 10 or 20 basic labs and be able to brew up to 4 additional basic potions of my choice at 5 minutes per potion for as many times as I have labs? In theory I could spend the entire game in a lab brewing and selling basic potions. And since basic labs are free and the potions you can make with them are free it'd be cost free, well other than my time at 5 minutes per potions.
You may use each level of lab (Basic, Advanced, and Master) once per event, regardless of the number of labs you own. Numerically, you can only gain 4 additional basic, 3 additional advanced, and 2 additional master potions per event with lab(s).
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Morgan is correct - any numbers of players can utilize the same lab phys-rep and tag. If you have your own phys-repped Alchemy Lab then you would need your own Lab tag.

As for number of extra potions that can be brewed during an event - it is limited by character, not lab - each character may brew an additional
4 Basic potions
3 Advanced potions
2 Master potions

Also the Basic Alchemy lab has been updated to cost 2 Magic Components.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Grimdog »

Hey, my bad, that first part was a direct quote from the book, clearly it must have been changed since it was written.

Thank you for the clarification on the number of labs/limits of crafting potions.
Hmm, what?
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Yeah, there were a few things that changed over the course of this year. Here's a few addresses for some of the errata:

http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=5563

http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/Rules-Er ... -2011b.pdf

http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... f=8&t=2079
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane