Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Quick question on Regenerate

Post by Grimdog »

I was reading on monk under meditation that:

"If a Monk also has the Regenerate skill, his or her healing speed is increased. With one level of Regenerate, a Monk heals 5 life every 5 minutes. If a Monk has two levels of Regenerate, he or she may heal 1 life every minute. Further levels increase the life healed at a rate of 1 life per level."

However, after searching the rules I found only two location for getting regeneration; Barbarian level 1 and the starting Essence Boon. As monk seems to be common, and Barbarian isn't, I'm not sure how one could get a second boon let alone additional ones. Am I missing something?
Hmm, what?
Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Grimdog »

I suppose one could be a Sage, that would give you two if you swapped that skill into your master slot, but that's still only two. :/ seems like it implies I can get more than two... /me goes back to reading the book some more...
Hmm, what?
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

The only way to get 3 levels of regenerate with meditate is to take regenerate as your boon, play a Ga'Vin character, take first level of the Ga'Vin discipline, Master the Monk discipline, and wait until lvl 40 to take the 'Diverse Training' Perk and take Regenerate from Barbarian.

You could achieve a similar outcome by playing a Savage Ga'Vin with the Regenerate boon, mater the Ga'Vin Discipline (which gives the ability Roach, essentially Meditate), and buying 1st level barbarian.

Do you have access to the Heroes & Villains Expansion yet? There are more Disciplines, plus the Racial Disciplines and alternate Path skills.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

If you need it, here's a link to it's download:

stores.lulu.com/mikenicholson

It's called 'Final Haven: Heroes and Villains Expansion', and it's a free download.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Grimdog »

Oh, so the game is using the H/V rules as well. I think I missed that. For some reason I was thinking they were only using the core rules. Well time to start reading a second rule book.
Hmm, what?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Yeah it sucks, I mean ll that reading and no color pictures to explain stuff...its like they want us to be literate. Good thing I have that read-a-friend membership where they come read em for me...

:P
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Grimdog
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Grimdog »

Not really, it simply was clear that this optional rule set was being used. Heh, in fact I had to go to another larp's website to get the actual core rules :)
Hmm, what?