Ill never be your beast of burden...

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Ill never be your beast of burden...

Post by Wyrmwrath »

So ill post it here since suggestions is locked and all the other suggestions end up here...

I was reading over the rescources transportation and container rules, and I asked myself... "hey Bob" (yes I call myself Bob and I dont like it but I never listen to me or do what I tell me and it seems I wont stop so lets move on) " Yes self?" " Bob what happens if I make a PC and that PC is a rat bastard and no one likes him BUT he has tons of kay rap like steel and food and mystic and commadaties and lions n tiger n bears...oh my; and no one to help me carry the nifty level 4 container that the bastage of a crafter charged me tripple to built because I am a rat basterd as well.... what happens then Bob?"
Well I pondered and wondered and finally Bob said "you idiot, just propose a rules change where a PC can get a tagged item he must upkeep, just like feeding a PC and that has an initial cost in coin that varies based on quality that will function just like an extra person for the SOLE purpose of moving containers and can essentialy be role played as pack mules or draft horses...or slaves...kid slaves....with rags on...cause im a...i mean you are...a rat bastard."

...so what do you think of Bobs idea? personally I think its crap but dont tell Bop.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Well I believe you could simply look under the military section and hire yourself some peasents to move it for you. Pretty cheap.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

its actually brilliant.

you see if you were to carry all your resources on you, in a neat little container no less, you would be subject to assassins and thieves. more so because as you say your a rat bastard, so everyone is out for you and all your stuff.

so its actually much safer to only move your resources from your secret hiding locations by 2, 4, or 6 at a time, depending on respective perks or bags. as you see, with all things in Haven that are a slight problem, its a saftey feature :lol:

*disclaimer: i do not do this, nor do i hide my stuff in secret areas, so dont go looking.*
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Really? You didn't have a chest with your potion lab hidden in some bushes at WH?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

its actually brilliant.

you see if you were to carry all your resources on you, in a neat little container no less, you would be subject to assassins and thieves. more so because as you say your a rat bastard, so everyone is out for you and all your stuff.

so its actually much safer to only move your resources from your secret hiding locations by 2, 4, or 6 at a time, depending on respective perks or bags. as you see, with all things in Haven that are a slight problem, its a saftey feature
I actualy did think it brilliant since I attend WH AND FH and you cant carry more than 6 rescources if your dont have the correct container and extra people. If you attend both chapters, your not breaking the rules and taking all your stuff are you?!?!?!?

I also didnt intend the above suggestion to be an IN GAME during the event thing, more between events should I build a merchent and want to go chapter to chapter....or just be stinking rich rat bastard man.

The hiring of peaszents is interesting though, but then they know what you have and can tell the local brigands for a finders fee and then plot team can raid your stash... easier. So animals are better with respect to security, since they cant tell but are about as easy to track so overall less risk.

SHOULD you move your stash during event (if the change was allowed and then allowed during an event) its acually safer to move it all at once, since, mathmaticly speaking, more trips means more chances to get snagged and mind melded to get you to spill the location of said stash. Thats acxtualy basic security protocal stuff though, so I am sure you knew that.

Here is what I was thinking something LIKE this, not actualy this since I am not a numbers geek:
IF USING MORE THAN ONE BEAST THEY MUST ALL BE THE SAME TYPE

Since your going to need to drive you need enough beasts to cover ALL the "person" requirements, your to busy driving and riding to carry.

>Mule = 2 persons
Cost: 15 Stabling: 1 food and 1 cloth or supplies
25% chance that stubborn mule causes 10% redustion in cartage capacity

> Horse = 2 persons
Cost: 30 Stabling: 2 food and 1 cloth or 1 supplies
2 horses on a type 2 container increaces cartage capacity by 25%
2 horses on a type 3 container increaces cartage capacity by 20%

> draft Horse = 2.5 persons
Cost: 40 Stabling: 3 food and 1 cloth AND 1 supplies
1 draft horses on a type 2 container increaces cartage capacity by 15%
2 draft horses on a type 3 container increaces cartage capacity by 25%
2 draft horses on a type 4 container increaces cartage capacity by 20%

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Francesco DeLemuerte wrote:Really? You didn't have a chest with your potion lab hidden in some bushes at WH?
i have no clue as to what you are refering to. i have not, nor will i ever associate with any bushes, chest, or combination of the two 8)

and yes i tend to carry all my stuff, in nice shiney money form :lol:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I like to keep things in different locations. hell different dimensions.
Travis Cole
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Wyrmwrath wrote: If you attend both chapters, your not breaking the rules and taking all your stuff are you?!?!?!?
I'm sure I am misreading this, but anyway:

I believe this was a MAJOR concern multiple chapters were launched, which is where the "You can only go through the portal once between events" or whatever was created in order to NOT allow PCs to transport more resources than they could carry in one trip through the portal. I will let the staff clarify though, because I don't remember how this played out.

I THOUGHT it was "No, you don't get a handwave and get to take all your resources between chapters just because you own them. You must own the proper storage item to carry said amount AND have the necessary people to move them."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I was aware Heidi, that quote was a question in responce to someone

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Yeah, I figured I was mis-reading.

I actually think more things buy-able with money/points would be great. I think the concern is with what you are using to phys-rep it for, in-game...even though your suggestion doesn't necessarily imply in-game use.

This reminds me when I was ridiculed quite nastily when I mentioned a "hunter" type discipline or crafted "trained beasts" before, even though what I wanted the effects to be existing in-game types. (Like a "watchdog" having an effect similar to a trap, a hunting hawk that gave you the ability to throw 1 vorpals, things like that). They were all EASILY phys-rep-able suggestions (I was going to use plushes) without the problem of an invisible phys-rep. Whatever.

I've been bit pretty majorly by the "invisible" phys-rep in the past, so I am personally kind of a stickler for proper phys-repping. Unless you have a player wearing a horse-head to represent said mount...it's kind of hard to declare it there and I do see that as a possible problem. I don't really see it any harder to deal with though than say, military which I believe has to be phys-repped by the PCs.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

actually think more things buy-able with money/points would be great. I think the concern is with what you are using to phys-rep it for, in-game...even though your suggestion doesn't necessarily imply in-game use.

Phil and Jared are working to make this a reality. Military does way more, regional advisors are the swiss army pocketknife and with wealth levels, maybe more and more.

post ideas for them.
Travis Cole
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I actually think more things buy-able with money/points would be great. I think the concern is with what you are using to phys-rep it for, in-game...even though your suggestion doesn't necessarily imply in-game use.
The containers would still have to be in-game, even if the mule gets stabled. Hell, it could even be killed and thereby lost if my ratbastard PC was rat-bastardly enough to make someone with say scout gohunt it down. (in other words go to monster camp and tell the staff your killing that rat bastards mule). NOW my stuff is stuck in that chapter unless i can get another mule.