Things that make you go ...hhhmmmmmmm....

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Things that make you go ...hhhmmmmmmm....

Post by Wyrmwrath »

1) Would it be "out of racial character" if a Valk who was a woodsy ranger type, did a camo-esque pattern/color scheme, rather than the evil clown style I have seen so far.

2) Can taunt be done with a bow since the description says weapon and not MELEE weapon.

3) Is the following an accurate and correct list of the sources of LP a PC gets:

Race (+1)
Suitable Racial Costuming (+1)
Lifestyle (+1/2/3)
Path (variable)
Disciplines (variable)
Level (variable)
Suitable Costume (+1)
Suitable Armor Representation (+1)
Perks (+1/2)
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I believe most of them are correct, except for possibly "Suitable Costume" (+1) I believe you now only get this for Cotuming a Race, but I am not 100% on this. Matt usually deals with giving out the LP bonuses. He would be a good one to ask.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

The way it was told to me is all players have access to 3 additional life points as follows:

Good Costuming: +1LP
Proper Armor Phys-Rep(including those who wear no armor): +1
Good Racial Costuming (Human PCs don't have access to this): +1
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

I've always heard that Valk's face paintings are their own identity, so I can't imagine anything would be out of the normal range.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Thanks to all that answered.

Can I get an offical GM ruling on 2 and 3 paweeze?
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I see no reason why you can't taunt with a bow. It's weird and seemingly cowardly, but since the person doesn't have to run after the taunter, I'm fine with it.

The life point stuff looks right to me.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

taunt can be packet driven, so close enough.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yes
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

more questions:

1) Can you upgrade a class 2 container to a wheel barrel AFTER the class 2 is finished?
Since the common theme is RPing the skills and powers and items differently, does a wheel barrel need to be an ACTUAL wheel barrel, or can the player just RP having access to a "minion" or horse/mule to transport the class 2 container?

2) Am I the only one that finds it odd that a sage can do research BEFORE he learns to read and write?

3) Is there a way to learn one language after the PC has been created, without having to buy read and write for 20 CP since its a 2 language skill aside from the perks? I am hoping I wont have to wait 40 levels to pick up a language, and 20 points for one language seems very steep.

4) Is the rule stating that tube foam weapons need to have 5/8" thick padding just a hold over form CARPS like some of the other weapon color and construction rules?

5) In drunken brawl, it states that a dwarf needs ambidex AND iron fist to upgrade the fist phys rep to small size (I am assuming from tiny). Ambidex states if its bought twice you get to use small fists (seems just having drunken brawl and ambidex should be enough) and iron fists adds the ability to block with fists which drunken brawl already provides. Is the ambidex and iron fist part of drunken brawl a mistake? iron fist seems unneeded because it doesn't affect fist size at all.

not_sabbat
New in Town
New in Town

Post by not_sabbat »

This actually flows into my main questions from this last day as well:

1) can I deliver fear with a bow (it also says it can be delivered with a packet or weapon, but doesnt specify melee).

2) Can I use the warriors single weapon specialization when using a bow (and no shiled of course).

"When using a single weapon and no shield the warrior can swing plus 1 damage."

doesnt specifically say melee (though it does say swing)

I was told, at least as of then, that I could not do either, though I could apply the +1 damage for that game. does this change that ruling, at least on the first question?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

2) Can I use the warriors single weapon specialization when using a bow (and no shiled of course).

"When using a single weapon and no shield the warrior can swing plus 1 damage."
since this says SWING for plus one...and you dont swing a bow, I am predicting a "no" answer. I do feel that if you buy use bow twice you should get an extra +1, but that too is a GM call.

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

The single weapon specialization is for a melee weapon, but Brian is correct, you can buy use bow 2 times for +1 dam..
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

1. For the "Fear" with a Bow - I would see if a FH Gm responds, I could get behind it.

For Brian -

1. Class 2 container question - I would ask a GM in-game, I believe it would be situational but I do not see it being a big deal.

2. Yes I find it odd that Sages can Research before Reading and Writing.

3. Buying Read/Write as a skill, or getting a Perk to read/write is the only skill based way - that aside there is nothing stopping you from hiring a Regional Advisor to find you some way, a Magic item, or some other way the Gm's can come up with.

4.No idea, not my forte'

5. I would say that the reference to "Iron Fists" is irrelevant and could be removed. The reference to "Ambidexterity" is the only one needed.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I don't see why fear couldn't be used with a bow.

As for research before reading/writing, it was conceived differently than how you are conceiving it. In our minds there were lots of ways to do research. Some may research this through visions/hallucinations, others as contacts, others as animals, etc. Reading may be one specific way of researching but it is not the only one and thus in our minds not at all required.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

It does not say that Single Weapon Specialization is exclusive to melee weapons. If that is the intention it needs to be noted accordingly.