LV.4 discipline weapon focus

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

actualy the name of the skill is relevent, since they encapslulate the notion behind the skills genesis.

Although I agree the name doesnt mean the mechanics are set up to correctly reflect how it should operate.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

So I was reading through the posts again and realize Travis said something I really liked.

Cooldown should only effect other skills that have a cooldown.

I really like this idea. I'm going to assume that the biggest need for cooldown was to prevent the chain casting of spells. Cooldown on skills tends to be limited only to spells, one potion (Powerful Body) and Rage.

I see the roleplay reasons for wanting this mechanic, wizards are tired after casting these very big spells.

If you are of the Wizard path then you are rendered useless for a great deal of time because a majority of your Master level abilities require a cooldown time. I feel that if you lose access to these abilities you should still be able to make use of your discipline and the rest of your path.

I know the big worry is about the Arcanist/Path combinations. I feel that it was great that they were able to do Attack of the Elements...and follow up with other abilities. Attack of the Elements still has 30 second charge up time and requires the Warrior to wear light armor. Same with Time Stop which has a 1 minute charge time. Arctic Blast is instant.

I can see where eliminating the current cooldown restrictions would add to the appeal/power of wizard and arcanist. But would it cause them to be overpowered?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i dont really have a problem with cooldowns, i like the timed part to be after the effect, everyone has seen that it makes casters more effective.

cooldown only effecting cooldown skills. . .sounds anoying at first glance. but maybe just limiting it to arcanist and wizard,

example

attack of the elements, 1 min charge time, 30 minutes before you can use another spell from the wizard path/arcanist discipline.

something like that?

however, i really would like to see the point changed were you can disrupt a cooldown, if your unlucky enough you might only cast one spell the whole event. . . :roll:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Th Master warrior swap out skill is worded differently than the other weapon focus skills, is it supposed to function the same but give the PC the choice as to what weapon the bonus is applied to?

In other words, is it supposed to work just like knight blade focus and undead hunter headed weapon focus, but give the PC the freedom to chose axes or hammers or staves as thier weapon type of choice?
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The Master Warrior skill Single Weapon Specilization allows you to add an additional point of damage to any weapon you wield in two hands.. but it no longer stacks with a Weapon Focus skill. So Weapon Specilization is more open with what you can use, you just have to use the weapon with both hands.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i would like to point out that "two handed" does not mean you have to keep both hands on the weapon, it simply means you can only use that one weapon and carry no other weapon or shield in the other hand.

(as i recall rage was fixed like this a couple years ago)

and the fighter WS is worse, yes you get a +1 to any weapon, but you can only weild one weapon and nothing else. were as WF you can duel weild or sword and board.
please note WS does not effect claws or fists, only rage. so when selecting between the two or both please think carefully about what can be used with what, and what stacks and does not, etc.

(yes its more confusing then it used to be, try explaining it to a bunch of kids when it keeps changing :roll: )
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.