i really dont know what to name this one...so...yeah..

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

i really dont know what to name this one...so...yeah..

Post by Ark »

i think repair armor should be either a basic or advanced warrior swap out skill, and if you have it twice it cuts the time in half.

its not broken, and we sit for half an hour waiting sometimes because only one or two people have it, and everyone needs there armor repaired.

also, while bound a character should not be able to use any skills, except crawl, speak, and try to wiggle free if they can, because if all you bind is my hands, im going to sprint away :D
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

It takes 1 minute to place a person into normal bonds. Hands and feet are now bound, and the target can no longer fight back for purposes of skills and death blows or deal damage with a weapon or fist. This is an obvious action and the target must be informed when the count is begun
If you couldn't use skills you wouldn't be able to get away. Doesn't matter anyway. If you knock someone down to 0 they can't do anything anyhow.

As for armor repair...I disagree. Any sage can mimic armor repair if needed and it's only a first level discipline ability you can by for 20 points from any lifestyle.

And if I remember correctly "Real men don't wear armor". :wink:
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i guess im one of the only real men there :lol:

but i still have repair armor....and upkeep basic items is only 40, yet as i recall many people did not get upkept....want to know why? because everyone asumes someone will be there to do it for them, i do not, and so have the skill

how many people cant heal themselves?...many even though its cheap
how many people cant repair armor?...many even though its cheap
how many people cant upkeep themselves?...many

im in favor of adding skills that speed up time between plots, almost everyone that reads this will be able to think of many times were the whole group sat waiting, and the GM's/NPC's sat wiating, whilst people are getting armor repaired
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

This is not a video game. Plots are the reason to RP, the breaks shouls give you dramtic times to RP and are nessissary.

Anyways I am not in favor of this skill idea. If you want repair armor there is a mechanism to get it no matter your lifestyle
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

alright well i supose if its fine than there is no reason to change anything.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I like occasional waits. I'm old, frequently in pain and I need the breaks from action to keep up with everyone. Now, I'll agree that it can get excessive and boring when we're in the middle of a lengthy plot involving damage and/or combat and we have to stop for twenty minutes and heal and repair everything. It gets to the point where instead of being about roleplay it's about rinse, lather, repeat, boring.

I do not believe it warrants a change to any skills though and really reflects a balancing factor on the side of the GM/NPCs to decide that the players are getting frustrated, bored or restless with the situation. Sometimes this is reflected by fast forwarding time through heals/repairs, and usually it is reflected by an alteration in the behavior of the mobs to keep the plot/s moving.

And, like Zeira and Chris says, Repair Armour is easy to get if you really HAVE to have it. There are a lot of level one skills that I sometimes feel I can't live without on a character. That's when I play a sage with mimic so I don't have to.

As far as a bound character goes, I'm not sure if it's been clarified to say what you can and cannot do, but since it's unsafe to physically tie someone up, it should probably be clarified to read that regardless of the phys-rep, the person is bound in such a way that they can't run. Saying you can't use skills makes binding someone super overpowered, imho.
NPC_Dave2
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NPC_Dave2 »

I always through that it'd be a nice mechanic to say that bonds have soak. say, 2-4 soak for normal bonds, and something higher for inescapable bonds. This would allow an empath to '2 magic lash' his way out, at the cost of life points. Which would be a really cool scene, I think. A mage just unleashing waves of magic over and over to destroy the rope. Or heck, just for someone to walk up and cut the bonds would be nice. Not sure how untying someone works, so that may already be doable. It may be that I just like overly complex rules, but I figured that'd be a neat idea.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

actually i have never known how, or the count to get someone out of normal bonds, if someon is tied up and i walk over, and its normal bonds, i make a 5 count and say there cut, not sure if there is any rule to it
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Balancing aside, if a mage could damage his bonds in such a manner, then a mage would then damage EVERYTHING on his person when using magic lash. We'd have a bunch of naked mages running around! :P
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

Dallid wrote:Balancing aside, if a mage could damage his bonds in such a manner, then a mage would then damage EVERYTHING on his person when using magic lash. We'd have a bunch of naked mages running around! :P
How is that a bad thing? :wink:
Azra Celevares
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

ewe.