Heroes and villains expansion

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Heroes and villains expansion

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Can you switch out any of the normal skills for these skills in the same level, meaning order doesn't matter at all? Can you pick the normal path skills back up with points if you want as you already have the rest of the progression below it? How do the expansion skills fit into the progression, do they replace the normal path skill where it fit in the progression?
Last edited by Atrum Draconus on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

they don;t fit in the progression you can't buy them from the outside of the path.
Travis Cole
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I mean let's say I take dual wield and get rid of pick simple lock, can I then spend 20 pts to get pick simple lock back. When I pick dual wield do I list it in my skill progression where pick simple lock was. If I buy back pick simple lock does it then go under other skills.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You can buy it back sure.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

If say I wanted to purchase an extra advanced skill, do I have to purchase the two extra basic skills first?

IE: I want to purchase steady hand for healer. Do I have to purchase the three new basic healer skills first? Or because I already have a full basic path, the extra skills I want to purchase at the advanced level are available.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

good question. I dont believe so but let me double check
Chris
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Here is why I ask where the new and old skills go and a question. Can you unlearn other path skills that you buy with pts? The book says you can't unlearn your path but skills that you purchase from another path aren't your path so it's a gray area.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

If you have both improved Pick Simple Locks (Basic) and Improved Pick Complex Locks (Master) do you cut the simple lock time in half and then spend life pts to reduce it? If you have Admittance (pick simple and pick complex) as well does that mean any door can be opened in 7.5 minutes and you can spend 2 life to open any simple door lock immediately?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Shouldn't the sleep of the seer be limited to tiny weapon like the assassin skill? The assassin skill is more versatile but it doesn't surge if you don't append it to one of the new charm skills and can be parried unlike the sleep.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

that is a good point, too late for WH but will probably adjust later/
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The expansion provides a simple swap from a core skill to an expansion skill. You don't need all the basic skills to swap an advanced skill out, you simply need to be able to have advanced skills (ie if you could get an advanced skill before the expansion, you can swap it out for an advanced expansion skill).

Expansion skills can only be swapped from within your starting path. Therefore you can't unlearn them so progression doesn't matter.

You CAN buy the expansion skills from within your path as well as any core path skills you had swapped out previously, thereby going above and beyond four skills per level. I personally don't care what order you buy these in.

Yes seer should be tiny. For some reason I thought assassin was short
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

To reply to you Erik..

If you have both improved Pick Simple Locks (Basic) and Improved Pick Complex Locks (Master) do you cut the simple lock time in half and then spend life pts to reduce it? As of right now I would say YES.

If you have Admittance (pick simple and pick complex) as well does that mean any door can be opened in 7.5 minutes and you can spend 2 life to open any simple door lock immediately? I would also say YES.

These would be great things to playtest and see how bad it is.. but since you would have to be 160th level at minium to do it, I certainly think you have eraned the right to be an oober bad ass lockpick.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!