2010 rule Alchemy tag question

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

2010 rule Alchemy tag question

Post by Zydana »

The alchemy tag must be at the alchemy lab and the brewing of the potions must be done at the lab itself. Once you have brewed your potion you must bring your tag to NPC camp and receive your potion tag.

Am I correct in thinking there are 3 tags involved here?

You have a tag saying that this is an Alchemy lab.

You have an alchemy tag for a potion that is not finished brewing.

You have a potion tag you have obtained from NPC camp once the brew time is finished and the alchemy tag has been turned in.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

2 tags
they mean the lab tag to get the potion
Travis Cole
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

It is intended that the character who has brewed a potion bring the Alchemy Lab tag that they were brewing the potion on to NPC camp to receive their potion.. (this is to stop people from having their Alchemy LAb destroyed and then still using it to get potions).
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

So you can steal a lab by stealing the tag? How does someone that has destroyed a lab convey that? Do they write destroyed on the tag, take the tag to npc camp, tear it up?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Aidan_Mcpryde wrote:It is intended that the character who has brewed a potion bring the Alchemy Lab tag that they were brewing the potion on to NPC camp to receive their potion.. (this is to stop people from having their Alchemy LAb destroyed and then still using it to get potions).
Uhm...well...then you have a lab sitting somewhere without a tag...
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

To reply to Heidi - I would say that when someone is bringing the Tag to NPC camp to receive their potions it just means that the lab is busy right now and the next person must wait.

I imagine a kitchen with 10 cooks.. and 2 stoves.. someone is always going to be waiting... no matter how good those cooks are.

But again we will have to see how this goes throughout the year and just find the right fit.

In answer to Erik - I would say that if someone makes the count to destroy a lab then they would rip the Alchemy Lab tag in half to represent that it is destroyed.

As for stealing a Lab.. we could say that it requires 1 Person to steal a BAsic Lab (not that much equipment).. 2 People to steal an Advanced Lab, and 3 People to steal a Master Lab - The characters stealing the Lab must maintain contact with the Tag at all times. (or something like that).
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

So how do you destroy a lab when the tag has been removed because they brought it to NPC camp?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I'd think that a very rare occasion, that can be handled on a case be case basis. Mostely using common sense. For instance, the destroyer can just go to NPC camp and say "I found a lab but not the tag - anyway, if that was really a lab, I destroyed it." The NPCs can then track down the owner and tag.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

I thought every brewer needs their own tag anyway. People can share phys rep but not a tag. So the brewing a potion while a tag is at NPC camp should not be an issue. If that's not the case, it would be helpful to know.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Fionna - the current idea is that only 1 Tag be needed - the actual Lab Tag.. and that is what would need to be carried down to NPC camp.

We only had a couple of Labs built at WH and were never really uaed until the end of tht event so we never ran into any problems yet.

I would agree with Doug in the way a destruction of an Alchemy Lab without a tag could be handled.

Just trying to think of a good way without having 50 tags running around.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

No Phil..

Multiple people can utilize the same physrep'd alchemy lab if the owner OK's it, but each person needs their own tag. The alchemy tag must be at the alchemy lab and the brewing of the potions must be done at the lab itself. Once you have brewed your potion you must bring your tag to NPC camp and receive your potion tag.
One phys rep, but lots of tags. So one alchemy station might have 13 tags there. You can not borrow someone's alchemy tag, but you can borrow/use the phys rep if the person who owns the phys rep says you can place your alchemy tag there.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Ahh I see, missed that one.

Well we could do something similar to our Lock/Key tags at WH - the perosn with the Physrepped lab gets a Tag for their Lab and gives it a number (I.E. Lab 437) - then anyone that she allows to use her Lab gets a Tag for her (received from NPC camp) with the same Lab number. ( I would see the Lab number always being on the Physrep somewhere, that way if someone destroys it, all the Lab Tags with that number are destroyed).. So yes there would be a lot of Tags, if someone was letting anyone use their lab.

At that point what problems could ensue?
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Are you suggesting we can let people borrow our alchemy tags?

I personally would not have a problem with this, but things would have to be changed so that there would be a max limit for how many potions BOTH a person AND alchemy lab can brew at once. Otherwise I can have an alchemy lab, you can have an alchemy lab, Fionna can and Heidi can have an alchemy lab.

Now, we will all give permission to brew potions at each others labs as well. So now I have a potion at yours, mine, Fionna's and Heidi's. You have a potion brewing at mine, yours, Fionna's and Heidi's.. etc.

Now I do like the idea of a "key" to use an alchemy lab if we are letting people borrow tags. One of my fears was that someone I let borrow it runs down to NPC camp with it to show it to receive their potions. Now either on the way there or back said person either dies, gets kidnapped by wandering monsters and isn't able to make it back for hours or is robbed and they take his (actually MY) lab tag. Meanwhile, we don't know if this physrep that doesn't have a tag is well.. just a tagless physrep or it's been destroyed or stolen. How are we supposed to know.

Now lets go back to the hostage situation.

I have a lab tag in my pocket. I'm in a cell. I also have an alchemy tag in my pocket. I pull out the tag, find a random physrep - that large rock looks pretty good - and now I have a new physrep'd brewing station and will use this to brew a potion to get me out of this mess.

Okay, that scenario is probably a lot of cheese, but you know someone down the road is going to try it.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

I thought that the lab tag allowed only so many potions per game. That's why everyone had to have their own tag. That way I couldn't use Angie's lab, my lab, Phil's lab, and Chuthulu's lab to brew 16 basic potions. Otherwise what it the point of having each person purchase a lab.

I thought that meant that b/c I have a good phys rep, Angie can put her lab tag at that phys rep and not have to provide her own (thus saving Angie OOG money).

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Now that WH is over, I need to start figuring out the new Alchemy rules big time.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

it worked for macgyver

Zydana wrote:Are you suggesting we can let people borrow our alchemy tags?

I personally would not have a problem with this, but things would have to be changed so that there would be a max limit for how many potions BOTH a person AND alchemy lab can brew at once. Otherwise I can have an alchemy lab, you can have an alchemy lab, Fionna can and Heidi can have an alchemy lab.

Now, we will all give permission to brew potions at each others labs as well. So now I have a potion at yours, mine, Fionna's and Heidi's. You have a potion brewing at mine, yours, Fionna's and Heidi's.. etc.

Now I do like the idea of a "key" to use an alchemy lab if we are letting people borrow tags. One of my fears was that someone I let borrow it runs down to NPC camp with it to show it to receive their potions. Now either on the way there or back said person either dies, gets kidnapped by wandering monsters and isn't able to make it back for hours or is robbed and they take his (actually MY) lab tag. Meanwhile, we don't know if this physrep that doesn't have a tag is well.. just a tagless physrep or it's been destroyed or stolen. How are we supposed to know.

Now lets go back to the hostage situation.

I have a lab tag in my pocket. I'm in a cell. I also have an alchemy tag in my pocket. I pull out the tag, find a random physrep - that large rock looks pretty good - and now I have a new physrep'd brewing station and will use this to brew a potion to get me out of this mess.

Okay, that scenario is probably a lot of cheese, but you know someone down the road is going to try it.
Travis Cole