2010 rule Alchemy tag question

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

There is a Max limit on potions brewed - it is based on a per person limit which is tracked at NPC camp when you pick up your potions.

It doesn not matter how many lab tags you have - a person may only brew so many potions a game

4 Basic
3 Advanced
2 Master
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Fionna wrote:I thought that the lab tag allowed only so many potions per game. That's why everyone had to have their own tag. That way I couldn't use Angie's lab, my lab, Phil's lab, and Chuthulu's lab to brew 16 basic potions. Otherwise what it the point of having each person purchase a lab.

I thought that meant that b/c I have a good phys rep, Angie can put her lab tag at that phys rep and not have to provide her own (thus saving Angie OOG money).

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Now that WH is over, I need to start figuring out the new Alchemy rules big time.
You are correct.

we have moved on to discuss the pros/cons if we ever wanted to change up the rule so that people can borrow the tags as well.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm all for the "key'd" alchemy lab tags. It takes care of a lot of these problems, actually.

The tag only applies to THAT lab, so it makes it easy to tell WHAT lab had an interaction happen to it (It was stolen/destroyed/in-use/etc). It also makes it easy to track who had permission to use the lab, since I think a user has to have the lab owner's permission to use it?

And the "base" lab then still has a main tag, like a lock does.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oh, I have question/s for this again since I realized I have no idea how this works now:

So uhhh, how does this work? A master alchemist with a three-level lab can only brew four basic potions, three advanced potions and two master potions during an event?

And they get two bonus potions of basic, one of advanced and one of master at game-on of any potion that they know?

And basically a master alchemist (4th level discipline), only knows four recipes? Two basic, one advanced and one master?

Clear this up for me, wouldya?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

A master alchemist with a three-level lab can only brew four basic potions, three advanced potions and two master potions during an event?

Answer - Correct

And they get two bonus potions of basic, one of advanced and one of master at game-on of any potion that they know?

Answer - A character receives 2 Basic potions per potion skill that they have, 1 Advanced Potion per potion skill they have, 1 Master potion per potion skill they have at check in. (If they have chosen a Cure potion they will receive double the normal amount as of right now).

And basically a master alchemist (4th level discipline), only knows four recipes? Two basic, one advanced and one master?

Answer - Correct
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

So, a Wizard/Alchemist with a three level lab and has chosen all potions (not buying any extra skills from wizard) recieves:

9 Basic potions
8 Advanced potions
7 Master potions

without buying any additional potions via purchasing alchemist multiple times or buying additional optional skills, correct?
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

A Full Wizard/Lvl 4. Arcanist who chooses all Potions as skills would receive at Check in -

12 Basic potions (2 of each skill chosen - 4 of a Cure 2 if chosen)

5 Advanced potions (1 of each skill chosen)

5 Master potions (1 of each skill chosen)

If they choose to purchase a Basic/Advanced/Master Alchemy Lab they would then be able to Brew an additional

4 Basic potions (of the skills they have chosen)

3 Advanced potions (of the skills they have chosen)

2 Master potions (Of the skills they have chosen)
Hi.. I'm Aidan!