2010 rule focus item question

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

2010 rule focus item question

Post by Zydana »

Craftsmen may combine focus items with a weapon, but it must be evident with decorative details, such as runes, on the physrep

An Advanced Focus Item must be a "Small" or larger sized Tagged and Phys-repped item or weapon that you infuse with magical energy each game.

A Master Focus Item must be a "Long" or larger sized Tagged and Phys-repped item or weapon that you infuse with magical energy each game.

So a craftsmen can combine a basic focus item into a weapon..

but for advanced and master focus items YOU, the wizard can infuse them?
Last edited by Zydana on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Is there a rule on how to "infuse?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

To "create" a focus item you will either need to use a weapon or a non weapon.

A non weapon needs to be displayed (tagged), but does NOT have to be created by a craftsman. A weapon does need to be, so if you have a weapon you can stick both focus items into that weapon. I would go to NPC camp to get a tag signifing your weapon is now a focus item. The time it takes to "infuse" is qual to the time to replace a broken one.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Focus Items:
Focus items can be purchased at game on by anyone, but they only work on spells. A focus item to be effective must be wielded in the spellcaster's hand. The spellcaster may combine the advanced and master focus items into the same item. Craftsmen may combine focus items with a weapon, but it must be evident with decorative details, such as runes, on the physrep. The focus item is shatterable even if not a weapon, and if shattered you must spend 1 hour for an advanced and 2 for a master plus the cost and visit NPC camp to receive a new tag. You are only allowed 1 advanced and 1 master focus item in use at 1 time.

Item - Advanced Focus item - Costs 8 Magic components and 1 hour to create, but can be bought at game on. (Can only be used by the person who purchased it.) While wielded in one hand you may spend 1 LP to throw a packet for "6 magic" damage, but must spend 15 seconds to Re-load this ability. If hit by a Disenchant your Focus item is unusable unless you complete a 10 count (active skill). This Item also allows you to change any packet driven spell into a directional spell or a directional spell into a triangulated spell by spending 1 LP. The use of this ability on a packet driven spell create a Cooldown of 20 Minutes. An Advanced Focus Item must be a "Small" or larger sized Tagged and Phys-repped item or weapon that you infuse with magical energy each game.

Item - Master Focus Item -Costs 12 Magic components and 2 Hours to create, can be purchased at game on (may only be used by the person who created it). While wielded in one hand you may spend 1 LP to throw a packet for "9 magic" damage, but must spend 20 seconds to Re-load this ability. If hit by a Disenchant your Focus item is unusable unless you charge for 10 seconds. While the Master Focus Item is in your possession all Cooldown and Re-load times on spells are reduced by half. You may also Destroy your Master Focus Item to counter any Spell that causes a Game Stop. A Master Focus Item must be a "Long" or larger sized Tagged and Phys-repped item or weapon that you infuse with magical energy each game.
1)I see advanced and Master. Is there no such thing as a basic focus item?

2)How much is a focus item if bought at game on?

3) "A Focus Item must be a Tagged and Phys-repped item or weapon that you infuse with magical energy each game" Okay, great! Now it's game on. I can put magic energy into items and weapons. All I have to do is infuse them. How? Do I infuse them with my focus item?

4) "Craftsmen may combine focus items with a weapon" Okay.. I thought I was putting magic into my weapon.. but if I wanted to go the craftsmen route, whats the rule on that? Is it instantaneous? Is there a craftsmen recipe that says weapon + focus item = Infused weapon?