New upkeep rules in regards to armor

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

New upkeep rules in regards to armor

Post by Zeira »

A player's armor physical representation will be judged by the GM staff or a certified armor marshall. The aesthetic quality, encumberance, and weight of the phys-rep will be evaluated and free upkeep tags will be given to the layer based on the results. Heavy armor represented by Chain Mail, Plate Mail, Coat of Plates, Scale Mail with Metal Scales, etc. will be granted up to three (3) free upkeep per location covered. Medium armor represented by hardened leather, leather scale, leather lamelle, brigandine, chain mail, wood or bone armor, etc. and will be granted up to two (2) basic upkeep per location covered. Finally, light armor is represented by padded cloth, light leather, furs, etc. and will be granted up to one (1) free basic upkeep per location covered.
With the new upkeep rules how does this affect armor phys reps? Can I wear a light phys rep and have it count as heavy armor because there is no upkeep on armor? Or would I still have to pay the additional upkeep?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That rule is still in place so that the person in real armor doesnt feal choded out by toga gy calling his toga heavy armor for free. When we find a better solution we will post it.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Unfotunately the way the rules change is worded, that is not the case- it states that NO upkeep is required for armor. So you might want to change that. :)
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We will edit it.

But we are the oneshandig out tags for armor and we know what the rule is so people wont be sneaking by us.
Chris
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Yes but that doesn't do any good for people who are supposed to be paying upkeep for their armor and aren't.

Also- it kinda messes with the socio-economic system. Not having upkeep to factor in will in my opinion skew the numbers for production sources for hide and steel. Yes we will still need them for creating the items but it's not going to be consistent like upkeep was.

I think the upkeep of items added to challenge when we were trying to stockpile armor/ equipment in preperation for the battle with the elves.

Just my opinion. :D

(OMG Melissa is posting on a rules thread. What is this world coming to? Blame Scott and Erik...)
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

What??? What is the question?

Upkeep on armor is infact gone.

We will have a different bonus for people who wear real armor other than upkeep.

Right?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Not to have our spat in front of the children, but I thought we agreed that the armor upkeep would be there until we came up with something else. Having nothing in place is not what I remember talking about (though I admit I was tired).
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Matt and I spoke its cleard up. :)
Chris
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Speaking of messing up the economy, not that I know the current value but I still know it is considered a "rare" thing but is the value of Mystic going to go down? I mean the old system we had tons of spells and things that required mystic and now, from what I can see, the only thing that requires it is an aclhmey lab, and that is just for magical components. Or is there some other thing it is still used for that I am unaware of?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

magic items, focs items, alchemy labs all require mystic
Chris
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

okay..thanks thought there were other things...
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

GM_Chris wrote:Matt and I spoke its cleard up. :)
Well that's good!

So how are we doing it this weekend? Secret bonus or extra upkeep ONLY if you're counting you phys rep as a heavier armor? Or something else entirely?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

extra upkeep
Chris
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I believe what is meant is that until further notice the Upkeep rules for armor will not change, nor will the creation costs for armor increase either.. you will still need to pay upkeep for Armor that does not match your class of armor.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

In an odd turn of mechanics, rather than dealing with upkeep or stats anyone not in real armor for their catagory must take one full kick to the nuts. :twisted:

Just kidding.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage