2010 rule change starving question

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

2010 rule change starving question

Post by Zydana »

Staving - Affects time based skills and charge-up skills

Players must possess the minimum requirements for a common status (see chart above), or they are considered to be starving. Starving characters are at a maximum of half life points (rounded down), time-based skills take twice as long to perform, life point skills (those skills that take life to initiate) are twice as costly (i.e. Those skills that took one life to initiate now take two), and all damage the character deals is halved, rounded down with a minimum of one for the duration of the event. Poverty is assessed at the end of each event and takes effect at the beginning of the following event.

Since it's not specific on anything, should we ASSUME that charge up skills take twice as long as well?

Seeing as all time based skills are now charge up skills..[/b]
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I would think anything that requires a count is a time-based skill. Charge-Up, Cool-Down, counted action, etc.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Actually it states in the very beginning after "Starving" - this affects all Time based and Charge-up Skills.

Also Time based skills were tweaked in the rules changes.. Skills are now listed as Time based - if not they are considered Charged.. and what a Time based skill can do has been changed a little.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Yes I know

perhaps I should be more clear on the question.

HOW are charge up skills effected as it wasn't listed or mentioned in the rule update?