Kandium

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Kandium

Post by GM_Chris »

Um we are noticing alot of posts on Kadmium I am unsure if you have noticed, but to make Kadmium you had to make a potion, that potion is not in the game so by definition kadmium canno longer be created.
Last edited by GM_Chris on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

You mean Kandium, and all the other ones that started with "K"s??
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yeah that is what I mean. You become the new Chris translater
Chris
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

ROFL

I think I just bonked my head laughing so hard and falling out of my chair.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I was just wondering because there are so many "K" special armors out there.

-Kan'Di'Am

-Kan'Telari'am

-Kan'Burnak'iam

-Kan'Dur'am

-Kanta'kabuki'oni'some other type of WH NPC'iam.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Kandium

Post by celegar »

GM_Chris wrote:Um we are noticing alot of posts on Kadmium I am unsure if you have noticed, but to make Kadmium you had to make a potion, that potion is not in the game so by definition kadmium canno longer be created.
why?
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Because alchemy changed and the potion is not on the new list of available potion recipes.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

i mean why has npc camp decided to phase kandium out of the game?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

well besides the fact that no one plays it properly, which alchemy potion would you remove to replace it with kandium?
Chris
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Well, because it was the source of many headaches, but it was also too prevelant and not in where we wanted to take alchemy. Some staff wanted to yank it entirely.

There are still bars of it out there in people's hands to make more for a while.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

GM_Chris wrote:well besides the fact that no one plays it properly
could you give an example of what you mean by this?
GM_Chris wrote:which alchemy potion would you remove to replace it with kandium?
not quite sure what your asking here.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well technically when it was concieved the idea was that if you were wearing a full set of heavy at max points and your soak was currently maxed out then the very first hit, if vorpal would be turned into normal damage.

If on the other hand you were down even 1 single point of soak then it would be vorpal damage.

How did you play it?

Oh we are stuck at 8 potions per level (basic, advnaced, master) to add it back in would mean the removal of the appropriate potion at the appropriate level. I didnt look it up but I think it was a master potion so which master potion would you take out so kandium can go in.
Chris
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

How about just make it an Exotic Item a craftsman can create and remove the potion.
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Because the potion makes me unhappy. It is therefore gone. Sorry.
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

GM_Chris wrote:Well technically when it was concieved the idea was that if you were wearing a full set of heavy at max points and your soak was currently maxed out then the very first hit, if vorpal would be turned into normal damage.

If on the other hand you were down even 1 single point of soak then it would be vorpal damage.

How did you play it?
i played it as my first couple shots(usually not vorpal) could, potentially, be made normal(althought that was a very rare occasion where i got 5 vorpal'd and didnt think to parry or raged right off the bat and so couldnt parry), otherwise it was normal full plate, anyone that played it differently either made a mistake or cheated, both situations of which do not justify removal of one of the few(if not only) special pieces of equipment available to warriors(and they are few and far between) that arnt just magic items(which are also few and far between). which in turn, causes those of us that are fighters, to squabble over petty pieces of equipment rather than pursue avenues relative to interacting with the world.
GM_Chris wrote:Oh we are stuck at 8 potions per level (basic, advnaced, master) to add it back in would mean the removal of the appropriate potion at the appropriate level. I didnt look it up but I think it was a master potion so which master potion would you take out so kandium can go in.
my response to this is "why do we need to only have 8 potions per level?". what is the reasoning behind this? the ability to brew potions or research new ones add flavor to the game and entice people to seek out new things, the alternative being that potions makers sit inside, brewing the same carbon copy potions all event then leave with no incentive to better that skill. potionmaking could be a really sweet ability if players had the opportunity to be creative(the denial of which, based my experience of playing 6 different larps, causes INTENSE amounts of frustation and discouragement against the potion maker to the point that they no longer care about furthering the skill, and ultimately leads them to seek out other things). point being, that by placing a hard, non negotiable limit on a creation skill dissuades players from pursuing it as a long term goal. in summary, restricting player innovation in creation fields = bad idea + dissuation of newbies to enter the field.